There are mainly three different types if single phase motors. The types of Single-phase motor along with their sub-types are as follows –
- Single-phase Induction Motors:
- Split-phase motors – The sub types of split-phase motors are as follows –
- Capacitor-start motor
- Resistance-start motor
- Permanent-split (single-value) capacitor motor
- Two-value capacitor motor.
- Shaded-pole induction motor
- Reluctance-start induction motor.
- Repulsion-start induction motor.
2. Commutator-Type, Single-Phase Motors:
- Repulsion motor.
- Repulsion-induction motor.
- A.C. Series motor.
- Universal motor.3. Single-phase Synchronous Motors:
- Reluctance motor
- Hysteresis motor.
- Sub-synchronous motor.
Each one is important and has significance in electrical engineering. So, it is really required to understand.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
- Current Electricity Basic Concepts
- Introduction to Alternating Current
- Introduction Three Phase A C Circuits
- Magnetic Field
- General Aspects
- Elementary Theory of Ideal Transformer
- General Aspects Polyphase Induction Motors
Links of Next Electrical Engineering Topics:-
- Single Phase Motors
- Types of Single Phase Motor
- Single Phase Induction Motors
- Split Phase Motors
- Repulsion Motor
- Repulsion Start Induction Motor
- Repulsion Induction Motor
- A C Series Motor
- Universal Motor
- Single Phase Synchronous Motors
- Advantages and Applications
- Construction and Working
- 8 1 Introduction
- Types of Servo Motors
- Tachometer Generators
- Characteristics of D C Generators
- Measuring Instruments
- Power Supply System