There are mainly three different types if single phase motors. The types of Single-phase motor along with their sub-types are as follows –
- Single-phase Induction Motors:
- Split-phase motors – The sub types of split-phase motors are as follows –
- Capacitor-start motor
- Resistance-start motor
- Permanent-split (single-value) capacitor motor
- Two-value capacitor motor.
- Shaded-pole induction motor
- Reluctance-start induction motor.
- Repulsion-start induction motor.
2. Commutator-Type, Single-Phase Motors:
- Repulsion motor.
- Repulsion-induction motor.
- A.C. Series motor.
- Universal motor.3. Single-phase Synchronous Motors:
- Reluctance motor
- Hysteresis motor.
- Sub-synchronous motor.
Each one is important and has significance in electrical engineering. So, it is really required to understand.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
Links of Next Electrical Engineering Topics:-