As we know transformer cannot be considered as apower-driven machine, it has important principles as well as synchronous machines. Because A.C. rechargeable machines which are made for short regularities that are why only squatrate power converter is to be considered.
Let’s find out the utility of a modifier. As the name signifies, transformer is use to transform existing energy. It means converting a voltage into another. The transformer which does not contain any rotating parts is called STATIC TRANSFORMER. If the dynamism is changed into aupper voltage then we can say it as STEP-UP TRANSFORMER. If the energy transforms into a lower voltage then it can be said as STEP-DOWN TRANSFORMER.Maximum of the power transformers function at a constant voltage which means if the supremacy changes and so is the current but the voltage will remain stable.
Applications- A transformer achievesnumerousvital functions in noticeableranges of electrical engineering.
- In electrical power engineering, the transformer helps in converting electric power from a generated voltage of about 11 kV (as determined by generator design limitations) to higher values of 132 kV, 220 kV” 400 kV, 500 kV and 765 kV thus, authorizing transmission of enormous quantities of power along with the extended distances to suitablecirculation points at marvelousreserves in the price of communicationappearances as well as in supremacy losses.
- Transformers are used to reduce high voltages to a safe level of 400/230 volts for home and office use.
- Transformers are used for many purposes in rechargeable communication circuits.
- Transformers are being used in radio and television circuits as well.
- Transformers can also be used in telephone circuits, instrumentation circuits and control circuits.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
- Current Electricity Basic Concepts
- Introduction to Alternating Current
- Introduction Three Phase A C Circuits
- Magnetic Field
Links of Next Electrical Engineering Topics:-
- Basic Definitions Transformers
- Working Principle of a Transformer
- Transformer Ratings
- Kinds Transformer
- Transformer Construction
- Transformer Windings Terminals Tapping and Bushings
- Transformer Cooling
- Three Phase Transformers
- Highlights in Transformers
- Objective Type Questions
- Theoretical Questions Transformers