Selection Methods and Decisions
Objectives that this chapter states
- Explanation related to viewing selection and its necessity when considered to a 2 way procedure
- Assess development and utilization related to selection data
- Selection methods and their range assessment that are arranged in detail, availed and criteria consideration when the selection of various methodologies is required.
- For selection decision making, approaches are reviewed.
- Steps to elucidate the validation related to selection
There has always been the requirement of perfect selection methodology. However, when a company does not have line managers and HR, that firm maintains the utilization of different imperfect methods. These methodologies help in forecasting of tasks where job related demands are a savior when it comes from the side of applicants. This can be stated to be the best fit for different organizations and work groups. When it comes to costs related to poor selection, the highly attentive and necessary aspect is the selection. You can see this in different markets and also that of the competitive ones.
If you are looking for the perspective of the applicant and in the selection, utilization of higher technological aspects, you will find all about it in this chapter. With the help of this context, we can understand about equivalent opportunities which have been clearly underlined by the legislation. You can consider this as per the validation of selection procedure. This maintains the fact that amongst various applicants, this selection process does not work in an unfair manner. Rather, fair work or selection is what every applicant can expect from it.
Later in chapter 23 and chapter 24, you will come to know about the various types of issues that come with equivalent opportunities.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
- The nature of human resource management
- Strategic human resource management
- Planning jobs and people
- Strategic aspects of resourcing
- Contractors and their contracts with consultants
Links of Next HR Management Topics:-
- Selection as a two way process
- Selection criteria and the person specification
- Choosing selection methods
- Selection methods
- Final selection decision making
- Validation of selection procedures
- Summary propositions selection methods decisions
- General discussion topics in selection methods and decisions