General Discussion Topics
There are many arguments that state or try to state the competencies of an applicant. Although there are many selection methods which assure to be efficient enough that it can recognize the capability of a candidate, the percentage is yet to be questioned.
Again, this argument is only based on the level where the candidate stands to give an interview. This selection technique is only limited to that area. It is incompetent to recognize those candidates who can perform better on the job,if given a chance.
This entire discussion is not just based on any individual type of selection technique or format. In case it is a combination of techniques, the same is applicable to those also.
Most business finds such of these selection methods to be extremely bad for their business. It is practically considered unethical. The reason for this is the treatment and the phase that a candidate has to endure when assessments are made of his or her performance during the interview. Now most companies do not even have the decency to provide sufficient support and feedback after the selection procedure is complete.
With the above provided information, discuss your viewpoint in this case.
Amongst all the journals in this context, there is a type of journal of special edition that explains about the technology assisting assessment and staffing in the future. Down below you can see the relevant references giving you essential details of those.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
- The nature of human resource management
- Strategic human resource management
- Planning jobs and people
- Strategic aspects of resourcing
- Contractors and their contracts with consultants
- Selection methods and decisions
- Selection as a two way process
- Selection criteria and the person specification
- Choosing selection methods
- Selection methods
- Final selection decision making
- Validation of selection procedures
- Summary propositions selection methods decisions
Links of Next HR Management Topics:-