When a particularquantity and surroundings of the equipment are keptfixed, then it is called the control volume.
The boundary surrounding that covers up the volume is called the control surface.
The control surface of any system of any surface might be very particular for a problem.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
- Linear momentum
- Force mass acceleration
- Simple stress introduction
- Normal strain
- Statically indeterminate system
- Introduction to thermodynamics
- Macroscopic and microscopic point of view
Links of Next Mechanical Engineering Topics:-
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous systems
- 1 6 1 property
- Thermodynamic equilibrium
- Processes cycles
- Quasi static process
- 1 10 1 reversible process
- Statement of zeroth law of thermodynamics with explanation
- Heat and work introduction
- First law of thermodynamics for a control mass closed system undergoing a cycle
- Open system and control volume
- Conversion of work into heat