The process takes place when here is a change of system in the state. The progression of states that occurs through some changes of states is called path. The paths are entirely identified in the process.
1.8.2 Mechanical Equilibrium
The total number of processes in proper sequence all in a thermodynamic equilibrium where the last stage is same as the initial one then it is called mechanical equilibrium.
In the above given Fig. 1.6 it represents a process A – B and 1-2-1 as a cycle. Many methods together form a complete cycle. Now after going through some processes, the system finally regains its original state. 1-2-1 is a cyclic process.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
- Linear momentum
- Force mass acceleration
- Simple stress introduction
- Normal strain
- Statically indeterminate system
- Introduction to thermodynamics
- Macroscopic and microscopic point of view
- Concepts of systems
- Control volume and control surface
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous systems
- 1 6 1 property
- Thermodynamic equilibrium
Links of Next Mechanical Engineering Topics:-