Assumptions Made While Solving Sequencing Problems
While solving sequencing problems, one needs to make certain presumptions. These are as follows-
- The processing time involved in a task while performing on a machine is not related to the order in which the task is processed.
- No matter how efficient it is, a machine can perform only one task at a particular time.
- The capacity and capability of this equipment varies from one machine to another.
- While transferring a particular task from one machine to another, you can assume that no time is lost.
- Once a job is put on a machine, it gets completed.
- Every task is ready to be processed.
- Each job has got a definite order in which it is processed as early as possible.