Force can be explained as-
- Pulling or pushing
- It also explains about the tendency that can easily give a physical change in an object.
- Force is the product of mass and acceleration of an object and thus F = ma.
- Force can change the state of rest or state of motion of a body or tends to change.
What are the different types of Forces?
The force system can be classified as –
- Non-coplanar – At the moment when the forces or system of forces act in the different parts of the body and which is not in a plane is known as non coplanar.
- Coplanar – At the time when the forces lie in the plane, then the systems are known as Coplanar system of forces.
Each type is divided in different parts as follows –
- Non-coplanar –
- Non-Concurrent and Non Parallel
- Coplanar –
The various types say that when the forces act on a body is in the same line, and then it is called the collinear system of forces. When different forces intersect each other at a common point, then it is called concurrent forces. When the action of the forces is parallel, then it is called parallel forces.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
Links of Next Mechanical Engineering Topics:-