‘Homework’ this very word may be quite annoying to many students, especially those who are burdened with a lot of it. Students go to school or their institute every day, sit for hours of lectures, jots down notesand then are assigned with homeworkengaging all their time even after they come back home.Students holds homework as their sole enemy because, most of their leisure and entertainment after their classes are ruined because they have to engage themselves with their home assignments. Hence, this entire concept is pretty annoying to most usual students.
But, is homework really that evil? Maybe not! Definitely, teachers do not assign home works to their students just to annoy them or ruin their joy of life. There must be a reason why all teachers assign works for home. If you too feel that homework is a nasty little devil, then I suggest that you should understand the necessities and pros of doing homework before you make that statement again.
Here are some points about the advantages hidden behinddoing homework on a regular basis.
- Learning what to do
If a student is just taught about some ideas and concepts, their learning can never be complete. That student will never know what the use of those concepts is, what the point behind learning them isand what should be done after learning them. Our homework shows us a glimpse of the applicability of our learning and how to use our ideas in proper situations. In brief, it shows us what our job is after learning something and proves that no lesson in this life is useless. Every lesson has its purpose and we can find it easily from our home assignments.
- Finding reasons behind learning
Once we understand what to do after learning and how to apply our lessons, it helps us to view reasons behind our learning and understand its deepest purposes.
- It shows us, why we are taught something or why should we be learning that thing at all?
- Homework consists of many questions and problems which are mostly based on real life situations.This is found mostly in science subjects like math, physics, chemistry, etc.
- Solving those problems helps us to see how our learning can assist in solving real life problems and we may learn to applythem insimilar practical situations.
- Practicing well
There is no doubt that home assignments if done sincerely and regularly, help to get in a habit of solving and practicing questions or problems.
- To do your homework it is essential to learn the chapters well, otherwise you will face a lot of doubts and troubles unnecessarily while solving it.
- So this necessity of learning is boosted up and students grow a habit of learning their lessons properly at least for the sake of doing their home assignments effectively.
- Home assignments also help a student to get accustomed with the practice of writing answers to questions and solving sums.
- Doing your homework regularly and sincerely means going through a rigorous practice involving problem solving, writing and answer framing. And this helps to complete each and every lesson properly.
Thus a proper and complete learning is structured by the system of providing home assignments by teachers.
- Learning time management
Time management is an extremely crucial factor not just in one’s academic life, but also in their family life and elsewhere. You may be wondering how time management skills are very crucial for every student? Trust me! Every person, especially a student requires these skills in almost every step of their life every day. Our homework is quite helpful in this regards.
- Home assignments are usually provided by teachers accompanied by respective deadlines for theirsubmission.
- This limit the time period for working out and solving their assignments and a student cannot just do their homework at their own sweet will.
- So, to do their homework in time and submit it without missing deadlines, a student has to work hard and swift.
- They must find out ways to manage doing each and every part of their home assignments within this limited time and stillkeep time for other necessary jobs likehaving dinner and sleep.
- Thus they themselves find out ways of efficient time management – often very innovative ones and this proves to be helpful later in their academic lives as well as elsewhere.
- Preparing for exams
Homeworksgenerally consists of questions and problems whichare usually setfor tests and examinations in the institute concerned.Hence home assignments create a solid ground for our preparation for exams or class tests.
- We can get an idea about the style or pattern of questions to be expected in the exam from a chapter and we can prepare accordingly.
- Usually, your teacher corrects your assignment papers and in this process tells you the detailed ways of writing an answer. Hence, ways of answering questions are taught by homework.
- If your answer is wrong or inappropriate, you still get a chance to learn and correct yourself, rather than being penalized as in case of exams.
Thus, homework is a perfect preparatory ground for examinations, in terms of both answer framing and practice.
- Finding individuality
Home assignments help a student to have a self-realization which is very important for success in lifeof every person.
- It helps you to realize who you truly are and what your personality is.
- It reveals to a student how eager they are about their studies and how motivated they are.
- It shows them their mistakes and errors. Itbrings forward their lags and drawbacks and also provides straightforward and clear ways to overcome them.
- It digs up the hidden passion from a student, showing them which subjects of their syllabus, they are more passionate about and which one of them arise quite interests in them.
- This helps a student to take the decision of which stream they should choose for their future academic career, so that they can shine well and gather prosperity in life.
- Preparing to face life
Life is quite tough! If you cannot prove yourself to be worthy enough, you will be thrown away from the picture by people more efficient than you. But what is the role of homework here?
- If you pursue a career in an academic stream, then your worth will be proved only from your true learning, ideas, concepts and application skills.
- These qualities are slowly developed in a person during their student life where homework definitely plays a significant role.
- As you now know, homework helps you to strengthen your learningand make your concepts and ideas bolder.
- It helps to increase your problem solving skills, including those for real life problems and thus face tough challenges in life.
- Your application powers which is enhanced by your school and college homework, helps you to do something real in practical life and not just remain confined in books and theories.
Hence, doing homework sincerely in student life ensures that you do not get eliminated from the picture when you face bigger storms and challenges in future life.
Perhaps now you have understood that homework is not at all that much a bad guy as you used to think before. Although, a student may not be able to fully appreciate it immediately, but, there is no doubt that homework has an excellent positive side, which is that it prepares you for your career.