Are you finding the task of doing homework, especially mathematics, humungous and tiresome? Do you feel like craving for help with homework math? Or are you a parent troubled by the myriad of your kid’s assignments? No need to worry. You are not alone. There are various modern aids to help you. Trouble with English homework or mathematics problems, help is available at your fingertips.
Is homework necessary?
Critics often claim homework to be unwanted, taking an awful lot of the students’ time which they can use in other productive ways. But in my personal opinion, home assignments, if given in a planned way, can help them a lot in studies.
- Creates a sense of discipline in students.
- Practice makes man perfect. More you do, more thorough you become.
- Master the techniques needed to perform well in professional exams through regular practice.
What a student should do
- Cribbing and cursing about your assignments won’t take you a long way. What is needed is a systematic approach to studies.
- Chart a time table and work accordingly.
- Set aside specific time slots for each subject.
- Listen to your teachers and still if you are facing difficulties, there are professional assignment help websites, who are always ready to help you out.
Helping hands of parents for help with homework math
Nobody can undermine the role of parents in shaping their children’s future. It is their duty to see that kids develop interest in studies.
- Identify the area of weakness in your child. Everyone cannot excel in all subjects.
- Help them in charting assignment plans, laying specific stress on the weaker subjects.
- See to it that they strictly adhere to the plans. Motivate by giving small rewards for timely completion of tasks.
- If your kid is way behind others in any subject, co-ordinate with teachers and find out the underlying problem.
When mathematics plays villain
I have seen that mathematics is usually the problematic area for students.
- Practise more. There is no alternative to hard work.
- Understand the basic concepts thoroughly. Remember, strong walls can be built only on a strong foundation.
- Whenever doubts creep into your mind, clear them immediately. Ask the teachers or alternatively, go online and clear your doubt.
- If you are a parent and not an expert in mathematics yourself, be prepared to become a student. Resort to homework help websites and learn them yourself.
Changing times in education
As a parent, I have seen the education scenario undergoing a sea change over the last decade. Today, education is not only about classroom studies. Technology has shown its impact inside and outside the classrooms. Umpteen resources are available for the students to choose from. Whether it is homework help or reference material, help is readily available. You only need to know how to search and choose correctly.
Should teachers embrace technology?
Being a teacher is difficult in the changing times. Whether a teacher should use technology or resort to traditional methods is a much debated topic.
- In my opinion, it always pays to be tech savvy.
- Stay one step ahead of students. Research and be prepared with answers for probable questions students may ask.
- Teachers are not all-knowing. They too get doubts. They should also use reference sites and update themselves.
- If a teacher is able to guide the students to a proper educational website, they will earn some brownie points from students and parents.
How technology benefits students for help with homework math
Children of today have the inherent love for technology. It can be put to good use.
- There is no dearth of study help available online.
- Parents may not be competent enough to clear doubts. So when in doubt, technology helps.
- Home works are not always easy. Taking external help is desirable to excel in the assignment.
- Mathematics is the area where help is always welcome. Educational sites help in understanding and practising.
Caution against overuse
As any other field, technology also needs to be used in moderation. Overuse can make the students lazy. While taking external help is ok, too much reliance on it should be avoided. Technology should used in tandem with the traditional methods.
Changes one likes to see
When I say that I would love to see some changes in the education field, most parents would agree with me.
- Give only as much homework as is needed. Don’t burden the kids with too many projects and assignments.
- Schools should have a planned approach towards home assignments. One at a time, please.
- Encourage teachers to use more technological aids in classrooms. The visual media has great impact on kids.
- Parents should give more attention to kids. Understand what is happening in classroom.
- Last but not the least, don’t discard traditional teaching methods fully. They are time tested and have their benefits. Only, use modern technology to enhance the quality of teaching.
A lot has happened and is happening in the field of education. It takes the combined efforts of educationists, students and parents to build a proper system. Rest assured that a bright future is waiting.