To have proper conduction of electricity, it is very important to have proper materials that will help in this conduction process. Generally conductors of electric power are made of: aluminum, copper and steel or at times a combination of all three metals.
In case of conductivity factor, copper rates as the topmost followed by aluminum and steel in the second and third positions.
There are various formats in which these conductors are to be found:
- These come in both stranded and segmented hollow copper conductor format
- They also come copperweld copper
- It also includes steel core aluminum format. You can also leave it in a stranded format.
- Both solid hard and stranded copper is to be found.
Links of Previous Main Topic:-
- Current Electricity Basic Concepts
- Introduction to Alternating Current
- Introduction Three Phase A C Circuits
- Magnetic Field
- General Aspects
- Elementary Theory of Ideal Transformer
- General Aspects Polyphase Induction Motors
- Single Phase Motors
- Characteristics of D C Generators
- Measuring Instruments
- Power Supply System
- Sources of Energy
Links of Next Electrical Engineering Topics:-