Chemistry might not be your favorite subject and you might often get confused with numerous concepts. It might not seem very fascinating to you, but there are several aspects of this subject which make it quiet interesting.Other than being interesting, this subject is fairly important if you are pursuing a career related to Science.If you are doubtful about a certain topic like atomic structure, then you should refer to be the knowledgeable one in the quiz on Atom basic or go through websites offering homework help or visit us for important topics of Chemistry. The study of Chemistry assignment help involves study of energy and matter and relations between them. Chemistry is known as the central science as it connects all the other branches of Chemistry to one another.
If you have ever considered Chemistry to be a boring subject, do read on to know more about the subject and explore what makes it really interesting.
- All actions occurring around us are governed by the laws of nature. Chemistry is one of the subjects that help you in understanding numerous everyday occurrences.The leaves change color with season and most of them have a different shade of green, ever wondered how it happens?Well, the answer to this question lies with the fact that Chemistry is concerned with all forms of chemical reactionstaking place in the bodies of all living organisms.
Still wondering how cheese is formed or how soap manages to clean the body? You will be able to gain answers to all your questions by comprehending the fundamentals of this subject. After understanding these basics, you just need to browse through the internet to obtain answers to your questions and understandthe entire process for each reaction.
- Healthy eating has now become an obsession since; organic farming has been revived on large scales.In order to eat healthy you need to know which ingredient is needed by the body and what effects it has on our body. From your next trip to the grocery store you will be able to view the ingredients on the products you purchase and be able to understand them better. You will be able to regulate your diet without needing assistance of a specialist or dietician. You will also be able to understand product labels better.
- Tasting food is not possible without saliva.The taste buds present on your tongue contains chemoreceptorâ€™s, which analyzes the chemical content of your food, and associates it with taste. Thischemoreceptorâ€™s require a liquid medium so that the taste particle from food is able to bindto it. When using water instead of saliva as a liquid medium the taste of all foods will vary. With saliva you get the original flavor as it contains amylase. Amylase is an enzyme present insaliva which reacts with sugar and other carbohydrates. The receptors for sweet, salty, sour and bittertastes are different. The study of enzymes comes under chemistry, thus proving that studying chemistry is not at all boring.
- Drinking too much water can make one sick and also result in death.Kidneys are responsible for controlling the amount of salts, water and other solutes. This is done by sieving blood using millions of twisted tubules.As kidneys are unable to flush out such large quantities of water quickly, water enters cells which have higher quantity of salts. Cells swell since they have area to expand, however neurons, or brain cells are unableto expand as they lack the space. The skull does not allow the brain to swell, which results in coma, seizures, brain stem hernia ion, respiratory arrest andeventually death.
- Liquid oxygen is blue in color.This is possible due to the presence of an unpaired electron. This is not the only colorful element of the known chemical elements. Some compounds also develop rich colors;
Some of these are:
- Copper: blue or blue-green.
- Chromium: green, purplish-green.
- Iron: amethyst, pale green, yellow.
- Sodium: bright orange/yellow.
- Calcium: orange/brick red.
- Copper: green with white/blue.
- Is lobster blood truly colorless?
Lobsterâ€™s blood appears colorless, however after coming incontact with air it turns blue.Copper is present in the blue haemocyanin molecule that is found in Lobster blood. The copper in these molecules turns blue on coming in contact with oxygen present in the air. It is a chemical reaction,thus, evidently showing that Chemistry is not boring.
- Fresh eggs sink in freshwater while stale eggs float.
This is a very common method of testing the freshness of eggs throughout the world. When immersed in cold water a fresh egg sinks to the bottom. If the egg sinks to some extent, it should be used loss of soon as it will not lastlong. If the egg keeps floating you should not use itsince itwill through these shells gradually leading to loss of weight in egg.
- Baking soda extinguishes fire.
One of the best ways to extinguish fire when a fire extinguisher is not around is by using baking soda. Fire is a chemical reaction, which requires an oxidizing agent, a fuel and heat. A fire cannot continue to burn if either one of these three is not available. Fire extinguishers utilize this technique and cut-off supply to oxygen by releasing carbon dioxide, which weighs more than air. Carbon dioxide does not support combustion and also creates cold gas while the fire is being put out. On coming in contact with firebaking soda releases carbon dioxide and also absorbs the oxygen available around the fire. This results in the fire being put out completely. This is just one example which shows how chemical reactions are an essential part of our lives.
- Greenhouse gases are carbon dioxide, water vapor, methane, ozone and nitrous oxide and helps in maintaining the temperature of the earth, even after the sun sets. The effect of greenhouse gases and chemical reactions between gases helps in understanding this concept and how it will affect the Earthâ€™s atmosphere and temperature. Since, greenhouse effect and these gases are playing an important role in determining the current atmosphere one needs to understand their role and reactions so that the quantity of these gases can be regulated before they have any negative impact on the earthâ€™s temperature.