In todayâ€™s times, it is very must expected of students to go to tuitions and hire tutors for the subjects they have difficulty in coping with. With Schools and Colleges having taken a back seat with their incapability in imparting the kind of knowledge and the level of knowledge that theyâ€™re supposed to, parents and children have no choice but to hire tutors for help.
Subjects of all kinds must be taught by the kind of teacher who knows how to love the subject. This is especially applicable for school teachers.
School is in a way the foundation of your childâ€™s knowledge and their first years of learning experience comes from School and its teachers. At this point, it is very important that the teachers teach the children the interesting aspects of the subjects and take special care of every child because every kid cannot grasp the basics of every subject as quickly as the others.
But the sad part is that teachers nowadays hardly care about the children because they all seem to know of the popularity of tutors. This is why teachers should be those people who are passionate about teaching and imparting knowledge in the right way.
What role do teachers play in a childâ€™s life?
Since youâ€™re all technically adults once you join college, the childâ€™s life here refers to the school studentsâ€™ life. For the students, it is the teachers who teach them the pros and cons of a subject. Monotonous reading of the chapters is not how a subject should be taught. The teacher of the concerned subject must find ways of making any subject interesting and this is precisely because that is what their job is. Why would one hire a teacher if reading chapters is all theyâ€™re expected to do?
Teachers play a huge role in building the interest of a child towards a particular subject that goes on to shape their career choices. Anybody can be good at anything. To be honest, for those of who have already made their career choices, just think back to why you made the choice and what made you love the subject that you have chosen.
Trust me your teacher will have a huge role then. This is why efficient teachers who love the subject as much as they love teaching should be recruited.
Steps to make the tutoring experience of your child successful
With all about the importance of good teachers having said, letâ€™s face the reality. Most schools do not have enough efficient teachers which is why the children are forced to hire tutors. Now, you must be wondering how these tutors can be any different from your childâ€™s school teachers themselves. The answer, although harsh, is clear. The tutors get paid personally by each student, something that isnâ€™t done in school.
However, on a positive note, the tutors get to pay special attention to each child and the tutors can then get themselves acquainted with your childâ€™s mistakes and excellence.
Now, these are the following steps you, as a parent and your childâ€™s tutor, as a teacher must follow so as to make the tutoring experience of your child successful:
- Get to know their likes and dislikes pertaining to every subject
- Every child has a favorite subject and a subject he or she dislikes and this is mostly shaped by the kind of teachers theyâ€™ve been taught by in the past.
- Your childâ€™s tutor must get to know of their fears and likes of every subject with complete detailing.
- This is a must because this knowledge of their fears and likes can enable your childâ€™s tutor to create a pattern in teaching which will strike the interest of your child.
- Familiarize your child with every subject with complete precision
- Now, the first thing for your childâ€™s tutor to do regardless of what your child knows or does not know is get him or her acquainted with the basics of every subject and check where he or she stands.
- Once, the tutor understands where your child lags behind in, he or she can efficiently try to make the entire process of learning and imparting knowledge a lot more interesting.
- This can be done because your childâ€™s tutor will have the detailed knowledge about the likes of your child.
- Encourage your child as much as you can
- Nobody is perfect and everybody has different ways of learning and different levels of grasping power.
- You and your childâ€™s tutor should understand this and refrain from being too hard on your child who, despite her knowledge, is but a child.
- The one thing that people should thoroughly follow when it comes to teaching children is that you must encourage the children as much as you criticize them.
- You must obviously point out where your kid is going wrong but not in an accusatory manner. It is okay to be wrong but you must always learn from your mistakes and this is something you must teach your child.
- Take frequent breaks to talk about the childâ€™s interests
- As much of a professional tutor your childâ€™s tutor might be, he or she must loosen up in front of your kid.
- This is important because it is very important for your child to be comfortable with asking any doubt that he or she has.
- Also, your child must not get bored by the kind of teaching that the tutor does and for that, your child must get interested.
- All children have some precious interest that they cannot stop talking about and whilst taking a break, his or her tutor must effectively engage him or her in conversation about this particular interest.
- This will not only boost up your childâ€™s confidence but his or her tutor will also be able to guide her through.
- Frequent fun tests must be held
- Tests are conducted to test oneâ€™s knowledge and to know what a child has learnt but it is very important that this test does not come across as a means to add pressure in your childâ€™s life.
- Frequent tests must be held for your child and he or she must work hard for it but he or she shouldnâ€™t feel scared about it.
- Your child must be taught by his or her tutor to embrace knowledge and keep up with the quest for it and take the tests as a fun task instead of something that he or she is terrified of.
- Your child must study to gain knowledge
- Your childâ€™s tutor must teach your child to concentrate on quenching his or her thirst for knowledge rather than marks.
- Your child must be more terrified of not knowing about something than scoring less for once.
- This is the most important lesson your childâ€™s tutor can give him or her.
Are having tutors important?
Yes, since the teachers have become as casual about teaching as they have, tutors are a must. However, if you are unable to find a good tutor for your child, you can always seek help from online professional help companies who have numerous professional experts under them who not only solve all your childâ€™s doubts but also see to it that he or she learns to love what she has learnt. That is how effective these sites are.
However, if this article seems to have helped you in the slightest, you must go through â€˜How to get the best Mathematics tutor for your child?â€™ which will guide you through the painful process of finding the best Mathematics tutor for your child. Although most people donâ€™t get the fuss about finding the best teacher, we do and weâ€™ll help you in the best way possible.