‘Online’- the word has a solution for everything. Nowadays, the online facility is available for everything from shopping to booking tickets and from filling up application forms to getting your homework done.
Yes, in recent years many tutorial centers have started offering online tutorial services which also help the students in doing their homework.
The popularity of online tutorial services is increasingly growing day-by-day due to its several advantages over the traditional tutorial services. To know how popular the online tutorial service is at present refer to “Is Online Education taking on traditional on-campus schooling?”
It is true that online tutorial service offers expert assistance, the flexibility of time, access to the teachers from any place, fast answer to your query and much more.Reliability on online tutors for completing homework has grown many folds over the last few years.
How are online tutors helping students in completing their homework?
There are various online tutorial websites available and all of them have their own rules and regulations of working. But in a case of helping students to complete their homework online, all of them follow the same strategy.
A student must have a registration to the website
He/she needs to select the subject, submit the assignment topic and deadline to submit the assignment. On receiving the request from the student, the topic is sent to the concerned expert who completes the assignment and sends the answer to the student via mail within the given deadline.
How are students benefited with online homework facility?
- Makes the students’ life easier-
Online homework service makes the students’ life easier by doing the homework which was assigned to them. The students can utilize the time on other activities, such as doing preparation for competitive exams, working on a project or participating in any group discussion.
- Easy access to online resources-
Online service enables students to solve tough assignments with the help of experienced faculties, boosting their confidence and pushing forward with the assignment. They can access to several online resources to make their assignment more interesting and informative. With the emergence of online homework help facility, students do not have to wait for a long period for a suggestion related to a problem.
- Makes the students more tech savvy-
While taking online help for completing the homework, the students have to frequently use the computer.
They need to download and upload numbers of files in a day. In doing so they face several complications and learn more new things while solving them. It enhances the student’s online computer skills at an early stage.
- No need to buy additional books:
As tutors are available online to help you out for any subject, you don’t have to spend money on buying additional books related to different topics. All the information are available online.
- Prevent students from beating around the bush-
Students can get to the point answer to their question instead of beating around the bush.
- Ease of submitting homework from anywhere-
Students can submit their assignment from anywhere at any time if they have access to a fast internet connection.
- Availability of multiple answers-
A student can submit its request to the different websites. Each website would present the answer in a different style. The student can compare the answers and select the best answer.
Online homework help- is it really productive?
If you are planning to get online homework help for your child then you must first know the pros and cons online tutorial services over the real tutoring service. You can go through “Learn the Differences between Online and Traditional Education” to know the differences between the two services.
To know if online homework help is as productive as real tutor service then you must consider the following points:
- The online homework help should be purposeful. Completing homework online just to save time is not a valid reason to take online homework help. Taking online help to make your homework interesting and informative gives fruitful results.
- Online homework help increases technical skills of a student. But it is not enough. Non-technical skill such as interpersonal relationship, communication skill, critical thinking, and problem-solving skill are also very important for the overall development of a student.
- Taking online homework help, as an alternative to real tutoring service stops non-technical development of a student.
- Until and unless you have a good computer, fast internet connection, and peripheral devices you cannot get online homework help. Before going online, one needs to do investment on these.
- Online homework help does not provide any added benefits over real tutoring service in problem-solving and scoring more marks in examinations, according to an article published in Article Journal “Issues in Accounting Education” in 2013.
- Online homework help develops a perception among the students that a problem is easy to solve, which is fine in terms of preliminary learning perspective but it makes students take less interest in understanding concepts and principles of subject matter.
- Several studies have proved that computer-aided learning may enhance attitudes of a student toward the course of study. But teacher-student interaction is missing in such system that is a significant aspect of the education processes. Computer-aided learning system cannot replace a classroom teacher.
It is critical to decide which is more productive- online homework help or real tutoring service. But if both the systems are adopted in parallel then it can reinforce a student’s academic career manifold.
Online homework help can be proved as a productive source if a student acts as an active participant in its own learning processes, and not just acts as a passive receiver of information.
Online learning has a wider scope than real tutoring service. The optimum usage of the online homework help depends on student itself. To make the system more productive, the student needs to take control of its own learning that is potentially quite challenging. Additionally, the student should have skill to organize its own self-study.