Are you in the final year of your under graduation program! Well, and then keep in mind that sooner or later you have to submit dissertation paper in front of your teachers. This thing is a good option for generating higher marks and moreover, it adds some spices to the boring study pattern.
For this project you have to do surveys, visit new places for data collection and a lot of traveling here and there. So, it may seem hard at first but actually, it’s not that hard. If you want to know some insight details regarding dissertation writing, keep on reading then.
Ways to Start Preparing For Your Dissertation
Writing a dissertation itself is a task, which is full of daunt and can possess serious tantrums. Now to avoid the problems related to dissertation, the thing you will need is a proper planning. Tips to plan your project are as follows.
- Choosing a topic for your project is tough, but it can become easier if you ask for suggestion from you teacher or guide
- You can even talk with your fellow friends or colleagues for suggestion
- Choose a topic in which you have a certain amount of knowledge. For instance, being a student of economics I had chosen socio-economic parameters for my dissertation because I have knowledge in this field more than anything. Similarly, if you chose a topic where you have good amount of knowledge, you can excel in a great way
- Make yourself familiar with available support. You can search on the internet for your topic or can go to library and read more and more books
- Read newspaper and try to find hot topics as your subject for the dissertation that can draw lots of attention
Well, do whatever necessary, but your ultimate goal is to make a good and crisp project. Now let’s move forward to know the things that you need to keep in mind.
Things to Keep In Mind While Choosing Topic
While choosing for your dissertation, there are various parameters that you need to keep in mind, these aspects can become helpful if you utilize properly. Otherwise, it can cause your project negatively. The parameters are as follows.
- Never choose an old topic because no one wants to read the same thing again and again
- Make sure your topic is unique
- try to avoid a broad topic
- Before you select title and topic of your project, check whether the topic has all the essential details or not
Now you must be thinking what these essential details actually are, which are related to your dissertation. isn’t it! well, carry on to know this.
Frame Structure of Your Paper
One of the main essential aspects, while writing a dissertation, is the ability to framing it properly. The things you will need to frame a dissertation are as follows
- Firstly, you will need initial ideas for your project
- Secondly, literature and other sources will be required to frame your paper properly
- Thirdly, you will need to describe the methodology
- Once you are done with methodology, start writing analysis part and then move to the last part
- In the final part, you will need to write conclusion and bibliography to finalize your project
As said before, check whether all these things are available or not. if you fail to get proper information regarding any stage, then you won’t be able to complete writing a dissertation. it will certainly lead to a higher amount of pressure in your mind. look at the next point to know how you can save yourself from the these and you can also go through “how to deal with the pressure of dissertation writing” for more ideas.
Try To Keep Record
A good way to avoid stress is to keeping a record. you can do this in the following way.
- check referencing system provided by your course and make it your habit. it will help you in a great way to find a proper topic for writing a dissertation
- always try to write full bibliographic details
- arrange your resources in alphabetical order for easy access
Following these things you can save a lot of time in future and it will help you to find your resources easily while writing.
You certainly know that time is one of the most important factors of everything; same goes with the dissertation too. when you are writing a dissertation for your under graduation program, then time is a crucial aspect. why! let’s know.
While writing you will become too much into the topic that you will forget to do other stuff properly
- you need to organize study time rather than only making your dissertation
- you can go for empirical data for calculation. you can use secondary or primary data for this purpose. however, keep in mind that if you with primary data, then you have conduct surveys to gather the information
- you can go for non-empirical data for less time consumption
- provide yourself room for relaxing. thus, rather writing a dissertation throughout the day, manage your time in such a way that it can provide you some relief
Well, once you are done with your planning part and finalized topic and title, start doing your research intensively.
Do Research Intensively
Doing proper research you can provide some good information to your audience. keep these things in mind while researching.
- find more and more information related to your topic
- ask your teachers, mentors or friends to provide information, which is related to your topic if possible
- ideas can come from anywhere, similarly, knowledge regarding your topic can come from anywhere. so keep your eyes and ears always open
- make a list of things that you want to put in your writing. try to emphasize them with crispy and accurate knowledge
following these things, you can certainly make your research complete and turn yourself ready for writing a dissertation.
Give Proper Attention to Your Writing
well, now you have gathered all information. it’s time to write the document. follow these ideas to make your writing a masterpiece.
- always try to write in the third person. however, this is not a rule of thumb
- try to use passive voice
- try to elaborate you methodology part with proper information
- never forget to give notations. otherwise, the reader may fail to read the document
- ask your mentor or teacher for some sample document to understand the pattern of writing
except these things, there are other important factors that you need to avoid writing. read below to know them.
Things You Can Avoid Writing
Ahere are certain phrases that are good to avoid while writing a dissertation. for instance, you can write ‘aditionally’ instead of ‘in addition’. Also, you can use ‘because’ instead of ‘due to the fact that’. to understand this phenomenon, you can readout “essentials to write a dissertation proposal”.
Things to Check before Submission
now, you have successfully completed your work. the only thing left is submission. after writing, do proper proofreading and check the authenticity of your data. if everything looks fine, then get a printout and submit your dissertation to your teacher.
Well, now these are some most important aspects that you need to keep in mind while writing your dissertation. These things not only make your dissertation writing experience a remarkable one but also will make your project a masterpiece. Yet if you find it difficult to write the project then there are lots of professional websites that can easily help you out.
So, ultimately whatever you do, make sure that you are writing a dissertation of good and crisp quality that will grow some interest in teacher’s mind and some good marks.