Homework or assignment is the part of the study child need to complete at home by writing it down on paper. Mostly it is kind of revision. Teacher allocates the part he/she had just completed in the class as homework or assignment so that student will revise it and get abetter understanding of the topic. How to help your child with homework is a common question asked by most of the parents.
These steps are the solution to the question “how to help your child with homework?” –
- Prepare yourself ready to perform homework. make your mind ready to perform homework
- Eradicate all distractions as much as possible like mobile or laptop.
- Do research on the topic in the books and notes prepared by you during alecture delivered by the teacher. You can also opt for internet search engine as an option. The Internet is a huge source of knowledge.
- Understand the concept of the chapter which you are going to cover as homework. if you face any problem, contact your parents or teacher or tutor or internet search engine. They will be ready to help.
- After understanding the concept, try to find out the writing skill or way to make your homework look better than other. Writing skill includes spacing knowledge, thedensity of words knowledge, pronunciation knowledge, symbol knowledge etc. it will take some time to get better knowledge about this things but with time child will acquire it.
- Always take a fresh page to write the assignment.
- While writing the answer about the question, make thestrategy of the content you are going to cover and the way you are going to present it.
- Try to maintain good handwriting. Good handwriting not only includes better calligraphy but also neat and cleanliness. It pleases a reader and also he/she will be able to read the homework completely.
- If you follow these steps, there are chances you will receive good marks for the homework and will get recognition in front of students and teachers. This will help you to get mingle with good study circle.
How can parents help achild in performing homework?
When question arise in your mind “How to help your child with homework?” you need to think strategically about it. A child needs both mental and physical support from aparent. Child totally depends on the parents for the help regarding homework as they are the first person who interacts with the child when achild is performing the homework. They are the foundation of any habit child is going to acquire.
Parent’s commonly ask this question among their fellow members” How to help your child with homework?” Is hiring tutor is enough? When this question” How to help your child with homework? ” arises in the mind of aparent, they need to think strategically.
These are some helps child require from his parent and some behavior of parents which will help thechild to perform homework: –
- Mentality development –
When achild first sits to perform homework, parents should encourage them and tell them the benefit of completing homework. This will create a positive image of homework in child’s mind. If parents feel frustrated to perform homework, thechild will feel the same. The child will also think homework as a burden and start neglecting it.
- Concept understanding –
Parents are busy because nowadays both parents are working. They do not have time to spend with the child. When achild comes with a problem, parents should listen to them. It is possible that your child requires your help for understanding the concept for completing the homework. Guidance is very important in child’s life. It will help them to obtain a direction to perform thetask in their life.
- Routine –
It is parent’s duty to make a regular routine in the life of achild for performing any task. This will help them in understanding the importance of each task in their life. If they fail to complete one, it will harm all their tasks. But at such young age, thechildcannot manage all the task alone. It is parent’s duty to make aroutine for the child. It will help them in performing all the task and they will carry forward this habit in long term and can easily manage their life.
- Time management and prioritization-
This is avery important skill which will help achild in arranging their task according to the need and urgency of the task. The child will able to decide the task he/she first needs to complete and arrange it to do next task. The child will get homework from many subjects. By arranging them according to the deadline and urgency, he/she can easily complete the homework and ace in their class. This will help them in their future.
- The importance of the task –
Parent should mention child the importance of task they are performing. Just make achild do the homework will not help thechild to understand the hidden reason behind it. It is parent’s duty to make thechild understand the importance of homework and how it will help achild in their future.