Homework, which happens to be the supplement for classroom activities on the same day, can be troublesome for students. Many students understand how important academics are to them, while most could not care at all.
Regardless of which age group you are in, you have to realize that at times when you are stressed out, tired and frustrated, you will not like to do homework. As a student, you have to choose the best time to solve homework assignments at home.
Here are a few ways to complete your assignments on time:
- Right after school
Many students are found to perform their homework the best immediately after they come to home from school, before they are distracted. This is the time when it is easier to do the homework and they do not have to be pulled from:
- Video games
- Social networking websites
However, this can be detrimental to students, as they find no time to relax between studies. They have to study for a long time at a stretch, and they can end up hating the whole process. However, if you have a habit of procrastinating and putting off studies for later, this can be a good way.
Sitting for homework right after coming back home has its benefits. Firstly, the work remains fresh in mind. You will find it more convenient to understand all that you are being asked or remembering all the suggestions from your tutors. You will also find more success and complete your homework ahead of time, with all the lessons and tips still fresh in your mind.
- After a Play Break
Some kids are found to do homework better after playing a little. It can help them find some release for their pent-up energy and allow enough time to de-stress before they go back to studies. You will also be able to play before the daylight wanes, and take a play break before you go back to homework. After dark, you will have little or no time for playing.
If you feel very tired to do homework after dinner or right after school, you can play for some time and then start your assignments. In case you are a person who drags your feet, you have to take a decision and determine when you should sit down for studies. You have to consider the time for homework after considering which subject you have to handle.
If it is a mathematics homework assignment, it is best to get it done during the evenings after a play break in the late afternoon. You can focus better and not have to stress about going to dinner or going to sleep.
- Around dinner time
In many homes, students find homework routine before dinner to be the best. Although you can wait until dinner, the time for homework can get long and you can feel sleepy. Thus, you will find your bedtime getting pushed until later.
However, many students find it easier to homework after dinner as they can look forward to sleeping. Then again, there are students who find it too sleepy to do homework after dinner. It is best to work out every technique for a few days and then change to another method. You have to find a time that works the best for you, and then stick to the routine.
Starting assignments 1 â€“ 2 hours before dinnertime can make you focused, and you will feel motivated to finish off the homework on time. Once you are tired and fatigued, the meal can help you to be recharged and make you feel relaxed enough for sleep. You will get a decent gap between your homework and sleep time.
- After dinner time
- Kids need some time to move from one task to other. For students who do not get enough time to relax after coming back home from school, the post-dinner time in the best for doing homework. This is the time when visitors and friends leave.
- TV programs can be switched off and other family members such as siblings go to sleep during this time. You can get complete peace and an ambience free of all types of distractions.
- If you have parents, who work out of home for the greater part of the day, the time after dinner will be the best as you can get assistance from either one of them.
- You can also get quality time to spend with your parents as you get their help in doing test preparations and finishing assignments. The lessons that you learn from dad or mom can be very beneficial throughout your life.
- Sitting for homework after dinner can also help you to attend to studies with a recharged and refreshed body and mind. The meal will provide you with renewed energy and you can easily finish off your tasks in shorter time.
- Before school
Some students also find it easier to do homework before going to school, as they find it more motivating to work during this time â€“ with a fresh body and mind.
However, many students also find it stressful to work in the morning, as they also have to get prepared for school. They do not get sufficient time to concentrate on their homework and have to stop their assignment in the middle.
If you do not get enough time after coming back from school due to sports, recitals, paintings, music lessons or other extra-curricular activities, it is better to wake up early the next day and finish off your assignments. You can relax for the entire night and then take up assignments the next day.
On your way back from school
- It is also a good idea to finish off your homework assignments on your way back from school. If you come back by car and have a long time to commute back to home from school, it is a good idea to try to complete your assignments on the way.
- You can make productive use of the time that you would have lost, and complete the homework at a time that you would end up wasting unnecessarily otherwise. This arrangement can seem to be tiring, as you will not get any time to relax after your school lessons.
- You might find your study time to be an extended one, with homework coming right after school time. However, this can be very productive for you in other ways.
- You will not have to come back home to face another round of study in the form of homework. You can easily finish your work in the long commuting period, and get the remaining part of the day for relaxation and rest.
There is no fixed time that can work for every student. It is a good idea to try different times and find out which one can be the best for your homework purposes. You can ask your school authorities to help you with homework policies.
The policies can set proper guidelines with respect to the types and amount of homework assigned to you. In most schools, homework policy guidelines are set up to 20 â€“ 40 minutes for all areas of learning. You can also request your private tutor to help you with finding out a good homework time that you can stick to in future.