Physics is a science that helps us to utilise all natural resources and energyfor our comforts. It helps us to learn how we can utilise the power of air to make a wind mile. Water power can be used to make hydro energy. Steam power can be used for making a steam engine. It is physics that teaches us that energy can be transferred and converted. So, physics is a study of several laws of nature and the application of those laws in our real life to make it more comfortable.
Engineering deals with all applications of physics.Everything that we use in our daily life is directly or indirectly influenced by physics and its application. Starting from the news paper on our tea table in morning time, our phone, car, computer, light, fan, air-condition, television even our house all are the application of physics. So we can say evidently, that physics is fundamental of all engineering.
Bit about civil engineering
Civil engineering deals with the construction of buildings, roads, bridges, dams, rail-ways, air port etc. The concept of civil engineering emerged in ancient time when people start to stay in cave. After that making a muddy hut and the roof of the hut with dry leaf of the tree and making a small pull from a tree trunk across the river, all those can be refer as the ancient time’s civil engineering.
After that with the development of science and technology civil engineering also has changed in a drastic way, you can notice that when you look around. So many big towers, mullty storied buildings, several high ways and bridges all are the symbol of this development.
Physics andcivil engineering
Physics plays a significant role in field of civil engineering. Many parts of physics are involved directly or indirectly in civil engineering. Course consists of structural science and mechanism, the basic part of physics, along with other subject. Now, we are going to discuss, how physics is related to civil engineering.
For building construction
- For constructing a building first we need to construct its base. Bas of a building is most important as it holds the whole building. So we need to make a perfect base for a building as per its floors. So engineers need to calculate a lot, to understand the nature of the base of a building so that it can hold the building.
These are nothing but physic and mathematics. When someone chooses a flat on tenth floor, they may be not aware of that, but the engineer who has designed the building must be aware of that.
- Civil engineering deals with, building components and its moisture nature, its nature of heat consumption. Thermal and sound insulation of the building, transference of heat and cooling of the building. All these are basic elements of physics.
- We like to have a south east open flat or house. To determine the right side, the east, west, south and north we need to use a magnetic power. This is also physics.
- Planning of rooms and balconies, lighting and acoustic applications of the rooms, flooring and making the roof all these are based on physics.
- Normal ventilation, artificial ventilation, natural and artificial lighting and acoustics of your rooms all are application of physics.
- Construction of water line, modern sanitation, solar power systems are also few parts of physics.
For road construction
- Constructing a road also depends on physics and its laws and principles. Starting from measuringthatroad we have to depend on physics and mathematics.
- For a proper drawing of a road you need to know physics and mathematics.
- What will be the material for constructing a particular road, is it a high way, or a by lane? What will be the ratio of the materials, what will be the size and thickness of bricks and concretes? Every detail is related to physics.
- Most important thing for constructing a road is to determine the loading power of that road. How much transport load the road has to take. A high way needs to take much more transport load than a by lane so the loading capacity of these two types of road should be different. All these are the applications of Newton’s laws.
For bridge construction
There are several types of bridge, which need to construct in the modern world
- Over Road Bridge are built to reduce a huge transport load of that road. The number of vehicles that pass regularly on that road can be divided and thus the load can be reduced
- The bridges over a water body need to build for crossing the river or the sea. The bridge may be hanging so the proper balancing and determining the loading power are most important, and an engineer need to depend on physics for all these.
So we can say that study for civil engineering is based on the different part of physics such as
- Structural science
Now you can get a fair idea about all relation between physics and civil engineering. So students, who want to be a civil engineer in future you must learn physics from core of your heart. And must do all the assignments and project on the subject. If you want to get some further help to develop your knowledge on civil engineering and physics you may contact any online educational service provider. They may help you
- By giving you on line support round the clock
- Their highly qualified subject teacher can clear all your doubts and quarries
- They can give you an accurate solutions and explanations for doing your assignment
- Their ‘10 easy steps to do the best Physics assignment’ is very popular globally.
So why are you waiting for? Start to learn physics seriously forgetting a better career and a bright future.