Donâ€™t you think that homework is the best way to build up a bridge between home and school! Today, in the busy schedule parents hardly find any time to spend with their kids, but getting associated with childâ€™s homework can be a good way to create a bridge. Homework at school allows students to stay updated with regular learning in classes. Home task is not the only way that can be beneficial for parents, but it is a source of learning for students too!
â€œTo acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.â€
Through school work, there is a possibility of evolving as a good student and can become best in different ways. Homework when given in advance on a subject can certainly help to make the complete use of discussion time. Try to revise the lesson before your class at home which would give you a brief idea on the topic and you can easily understand whatever is caught in your class.
Basic strategies to homework
It is found that teachers and parents often report about the lack of knowledge on basic study skills. There are many students around who really need proper instruction in study that would help them to develop organization skills. Here you can identify a list of strategies that can be implemented while giving homework at school:
- Take proper notes:
Why? Students who take up notes during classes seems to be more intelligent and responsive compared to others. Therefore, it is essential to write down the important information given by teachers in their class. So, once you are assigned with homework there is a possibility of going through notes in order to clarify doubts related to topic.
- Location!A perfect one:
Choose a place of study that is free from all kind of distraction. It is not only for your study, but to improve the level of concentration it is essential to find a place that would come up with least disturbance. No matter what kind of work you presently want to do, to give 100% concentrations choose an appropriate place!
- Ready with sequential plan?
While managing homework at school keep a sequential plan that allows in multi-tasking. Remember! In school and colleges you will not only get a single topic to manage it at a time rather each and every teacher will assign you with some topic that needs to be handled within stipulated time. So, multi-tasking is very essential and it can only be managed if you have proper planning.
- Materials quickly available:
Keep all the materials available so that you can easily find whenever necessary. Handy materials and keeping it in an organized manner can surely help you manage assignments well. Whenever you have a study material keeps it in a folder so that the right kind of material can be easily found while dealing with your study.
- HELP! HELP!
â€œI am in big troubleâ€¦.Where can I get help?â€ A question that students often come across in their life. While handling their homework, they would encounter some problems. Therefore, it is necessary to seek experts help. But, where to get it? You can either approach your parents or can think of getting online help. Today, there are different online sites that can throw light on particular topic and give necessary information.
- Maintain time limit:
â€œA mind of moderate capacity which closely pursues one study must infallibly arrive at great proficiency in that study.â€Â Try to stick to deadlines of your assignment. Be strict with timeframe so that homework at school can easily be completed within specified time. Failing the deadline can create a bad impression in mind of teachers and fellow classmates.
- Zero accuracy, zero results!
Donâ€™t you think that accuracy and quality plays the most vital role in assignment? Though teachers would give you specific word limit to do your assignments, but make sure to reach the word limit by offering high quality work. Before submitting assignment, go through the work once again and ensure about its quality. No error should be traced in work!
Get homework at school? Pros and cons of it!
Homework is known to be an academic institution, but is it really necessary? A controversial question that evokes in mind of students, parents and teachers! According to recent reports, it is found that many institutes have cut down the concept of homework and they focus on practical knowledge development. Due to negligence and least interest of students on homework, it is found that children often fail to complete their task. In case you forget your homework at school learn 5 ways to avoid it.
- Homework is a way through which classroom instruction is followed. Students get opportunity to practice whatever they have learned in school in the evening and can adopt course at their own pace.
- Homework at school is given with a purpose to teach responsibility to students. Once you are capable of taking responsibilities from school level, then you can easily handle duty at work and even in everyday life.
- Achieve higher grades through proper assignment handling. Once you start doing home task there is a higher chance of getting good grades in exam. If you are not given any school work there will be least chance of getting into depth of subject and you will be concerned about opening your books during exam.
- Homework is a busy task and the same level of work is provided to every student. The ability and level of understanding of every student may not be same which is why it is said to be an inappropriate approach.
- School work eats up the time of your play! Children find less time or rather no time to play which blocks their mind. Through active game it is possible to improve physical fitness that is necessary to stay active and also social skills get minimized due to unwanted homework.
Homework at school needs to be monitored by teachers and they should ensure that completion of work is done in an appropriate manner.
â€œIf a person studies too much and exhausts his reflective powers, he will be confused, and will not be able to apprehend even that which had been within the power of his apprehension. For the powers of the body are all alike in this respect.â€