Economics is that branch of knowledge that is solely concerned with consumption, production and transfer of wealth. The subject Economics can be defined in the following way:
- Study of how people use the resources
- Study of scarcity
- Study of decision making
How to do better in Economics?
In order to do well in Economics, you need to remember the following things:
- Try to develop a deep understanding of Economics theory.
- Understand and practice applied mathematics.
- Developments in the field.
- Read a lot of newspapers and magazines of current affairs like The Economist and Financial Times.
- Take good notes and always take help from teachers and peer group whenever necessary.
You may get struck with some complex theories of economics. Donâ€™t worry that is very natural and it happens with everybody, even your class topper may have faced some serious issues at times.
How can you learn Economics in a better way to get good grade:
The following tips will help you to make ideal Economics homework for better grades:
Grow an understanding of Economic theories, their practice and history:
If you are willing to study Economics intensely then engross yourself in studying existing academic literature on that particular topic. You can go to the library and read the newspapers and magazines daily or browse through the internet to get more current information. In this way you can keep yourself up to date always. You can take the following steps:
- You can listen NPRâ€™s planet money. It is actually a great way to get entrance in Economics.
- Take help from a librarian to find the Economics section and the list of best books.
- All the Economics books that are meant for the common masses are written in simple languages.
Watch the TV news:
You have to be honest to yourself by watching the news religiously even if it clashes with your favorite TV serials. All the main things you need to watch are:
- Political decisions.
- Social movements.
- The environment.
- What is happening throughout the world?
- CNN, CNBC are best to get the detailed overview of recent views.
Attend as many campus lectures as possible:
There are times when distinguished well known economists visit your campus, try to attend their lectures. This will help you to get a clear idea of the recent developments in the field. You may not understand everything from the lecture or may be irrelevant with your current study topics, but all these talks will help you in the long run. It will help you to build your strong knowledge.
You have to try to become a hard working student:
If your motto is to get good grades in Economics, then you have to well prepare before your class. The different ways to learn are as follows:
- Write down any theory models.
- Write down any new vocabulary you came across.
- Graphs or measures.
- Write down any question you faced.
- Whenever you are reading an article, read the introduction and conclusion precisely. The conclusion may serve as a summary and you can get the overview of each and every aspect that the book has been dealing with.
- Make a good study plan by studying two hours of studying for each one hour class.
Try to sit in the front row in your classroom:
Always, try to sit in the first row, so that your teachers can see you and recognize you. It will help you
- To get more help from your teachers.
- Chances of getting distracted from other studentâ€™s laptop and murmuring will be less.
Take proper notes:
Whenever your teacher is giving lectures try to copy the notes properly.
- Write down each and every definitions.
- If power point presentation is shown in your class try to fill in the extra detail spoken by the teacher.
- It is better to take notes on hand than typing in the laptop. It will help you to keep it in your mind.
- Whenever your teacher is drawing a graph to illustrate, you should also draw in your copy. Practice drawing and labelling the graph as it will help you later.
- Try to understand the logic between all the numbers in a mathematical problem.
- If you face a problem just put a question mark on your copy, so that you can ask it to your teacher on the next day.
Always try to participate in class:
Try to participate in class, so that you can clear all your doubts. You can do the following things:
- Participate in a debate.
- Answer the questions which ever you know.
- Use the class hours to sort out all your doubts.
Be smart while giving tests:
In order to get good grades in Economics, write down the theories, formulas and key terms immediately in your copy that you think will help you to recall during your exams. As soon as you get the question paper do the following things:
- Read the paper carefully and note the marks division for each section.
- Keep your pens and pencils and other equipment ready.
- Find the similar questions which have been taught in class.
- Whenever you are answering multiple choices or true and false be sure you answer falls in each category specifically.
- Draw a graph to get better marks for essay type question if it is required.
- Write neatly and manage your time wisely.
To get good economics grades you need to do your homework sincerely. The following are the key steps to make ideal homework:
- Revise your notes after class.
- Analyze and re analyze the graphs at home.
- Do all your homework assignments on time.
- Prepare for your exams slowly and steadily as you know â€œslow and steady wins the race.â€
- Take help from your teachers.
- Remember your goals always.
- Try to apply your knowledge of economics in your daily life. Use the theory of marginal utility while buying goods.
- You can form a study group and work out the problems in a better way.
Finally the best way to learn is by sharing your knowledge. â€œThe more you give the more you learnâ€. Start giving tuitions to younger students.