Science project is something on which more and more importance is being given these days both in school and university level. This is a very scientific way of education where students have hands-on skill on various subjects that they are being taught in class. Traditional system of education did not involve much practical or research work. That is why almost all famous inventors had to work at home on their research work. They did not get much help from their institutions.
Hands-on skill is a necessity
The education system is changing and has changed a lot over the years. Whenever a student is being taught about something as theory, and then they are allowed to have apractical application of that theory, it becomes clearer at conceptual level to students. It also excites the course of study and students grow more interest on topics.
What is Science?
Science is such a branch of education which has a vast syllabus, and the subject is growing each and every day for research contributions from all over the world. Many interesting projects can be done with science. Now students often get confused and freak out whenever they are asked to do a project on science. But trust me; it is one of the easiest things to do. All you need to do is organize your procedure of doing the project.
Choose a topic wisely
There needs to be a proper planning and idea about the theory on which you are going to do the project.
- First and foremost thing you have to do when you are asked to do a project is choose a subject on which you want to do it. You have to choose the right wing of science for yourself. You have to decide whether you want to do a project on physics, chemistry or biology.
- After choosing the wing of science, you have to choose the topic on which you want to do your project. Choose your topic wisely and choose only that topic on which you have interest as well as enough knowledge to do this project.
- One thing must be kept in mind that the project that you will be doing should be feasible and does not involve any danger or high expense. There are often many projects which are only recommended to be donein There are even many projects which involve expensive tools or chemicals for that matter which might be needed in a very small quantity but needs to be bought in large quantity from that market. In that case, project budget will increase to great extent.
- In case you are having difficulty in choosing your topic for the project, you can always check online for suggestions on science projects. You can refer to many online professional websites for science books that have details about practical skills.
- Always try to choose such a topic for anexperiment which can be relatedtoreal This is how you can create a prototype of many big projects. This is also the same way designers and innovators create something big with the help of a prototype first. This helps to get an idea about the entire project in simplest way and also makes planning easier. A prototype helps to describe the project better as well.
This is all about choosing a proper topic for your scienceproject.
Planning and Operation
Now planning needs to be done properly:
- Study on your topic properly and understand the theory really Check online for similar projects done by others. This will give you ideas implemented by others. Having a theoretical knowledge and implementing those practically has some difference. In most cases, many complications and errors are neglected while studying the theory.
- But while doing them practically, there are many factors which might be technical or physical, which brings changes in the desired result. These factors are responsible for creating percentage error which is a well-known term in any laboratory.
- This is the percentage of error a result of an experiment is having for certain undesirable conditions. While planning your experiment, you have to keep in mind about all these conditions.
- If you are designing anything that involves a circuit or BOT or any other hardware, try to keep the entire thing simple which can be easily comprehended by others. This is because you have to explain it to your teachers or anyone else.
- Even if it has to be made complicated, make sure that you understand each and every part of it so that you can explain it later.This is how teachers get to know whether a student has done the project on his own or made a replica of some project shown in a book or online.
- Most important part of any project is the collection of data if it has any. Data should be collected very precisely and accurately. It should not involve any sort of Take time and very patiently collect your information without any mistake. Make proper tabulations or take notes as case may be. Teachers always favor a well explained clean report and it will also be easier for you to work with.
A project needs a report
- Each and every project has a report to be submitted along with that. This report has to be done in the best possible way. Diagrams are must. You can even use printed pictures. Everything should be related to your project.
- Any teacher will not entertain irrelevant information used to fill up your report. Every project needs a detailed ‘Principle’ or ‘Theory’ section which describes the working principle behind the operation of project.
- These days, many institutions want your report in the form of PowerPoint presentations. In that case, you need to have anidea about PowerPoint as well. It is a very easy software tool and making presentation has never been easier than PowerPoint.
- Sometimes institutes ask students to display their presentation using a project and discuss on that report in the presence of the entire class. This improves the skill of presentation.