College days can be really hectic for students especially in initial weeks. Students have to attend lectures of various subjects, attend seminars, take part in co-curricular activities, submit their assignments before deadline and also prepare for the class tests.
Why planning is important?
- Of course there will be more than one assignment to submit in every semester or academic year. Submitting one assignment per term would be relatively easier.
- To get projects done on time, one needs to be organized, and planning is very important for that.
- Key solution is student assignment planner. It would keep the students well informed about the topics, when to submit them, how much to write and keep situation under control.
- Keep planning simple and less complicated so that it is easy to use.
Realize how far the deadline is:
- Referring to a deadline by a date (like biology project has to be submitted by 27th) does not always let the student feel how far the submitting date is from the very day.
- Count the number of days and calculate number of working hours in each day you can spend.
Split the assignments into smaller parts
- If there are English, Mathematics and Philosophy projects which need to be submitted by the end of next week, assign various days to finish a chunk of each project.
- Judge speed of work done and modulate student assignment planner accordingly.
Keep a cushion time
Emergencies come suddenly. One can fall sick just the day before the submitting date. Thus it is better to manage the time and proceed in a speed which if achieved would finish the projects a couple of days prior to the deadline.
â€˜Home working planning: Makes the student more independent, organized and disciplinedâ€™, would let you know more about student assignment planner.