Studies are the most important part of a studentâ€™s life, but along with it there are other activities as well that is equally necessary for them in order to excel in their studies. The two most important aspects of a studentâ€™s life that help them to grow in their studies as well as career in a faster way is homework and assignments. As we all know homework is given to the students in all education level, from school to colleges as well as in higher studies. It helps the students in many way not only academically but also to get some good habits in life.
Just like homework, assignments are also important for a student. Assignment is somewhat similar to homework but differs in a way that homework is given from the exercise done in school but assignments are given from outside the syllabus to know how much a student has understood the lesson. There are many students who avoid doing assignments just like they hate homework and try to escape from it. This happens mainly because they donâ€™t know the real value of doing these two activities.
What are assignments?
Assignments are a task or work given to the students in school and in colleges. They consists of topics that are a part of their syllabus and are given to them to know their understanding on it. The whole work of the assignment is supposed to be done by consulting different books, journals and internet.
This helps the students to know something extra then their own books. There are some students who love to do these project and enjoy reading new things. But there are students who take it as a burden and try to run from it. This is because they fail to understand the correct benefit of it.
Types of assignments:
There are different types of assignments that are assigned to the students from their education institutes. They differ according to the subject concerned and the topic given to them. Some of the basic types of assignments are:
- Descriptive assignments.
- Analytical assignments.
- Research papers.
- Term papers.
- Mathematical assignments.
These are few assignments which are given to students according to their subjects and level of studies. The assignments given to students in school are mostly descriptive and require them to write just from different books and in an easy manner. On the other hand the research papers and term papers are made in colleges and higher studies in which the students are require to do a lot of research work. These types of assignments are detailed and contain recent research work done by the students.
Importance of assignments in studentâ€™s life
Now let us discuss some importance that assignments have in the life of their students. It is very important that students also know the benefits of assignments so that they donâ€™t try to avoid it. This will also help them to come up with some of the most unique work which will in turn fetch them good marks. Importance of assignments are as follows:
- The main aim of these assignments are that they help in enhancing the brains of the students. While doing these project work students tend to read and think a lot and thus the more they think the more their brain will develop. Thus through projects students learn faster compared to just learning directly from the book.
- It helps them to have some extra knowledge other than the book. This will help the students in the long run when they will appear for any competitive exams. In todayâ€™s world it is very important for the students to know much more then what is there in their course and assignments are the best way to learn that.
- It helps the students to develop practicing skills which is necessary for few subjects. The subjects like mathematics, physics, statistics, etc. requires a lot of practice and hard work. Thus if students develop a habit of dealing with these project work easily then they will also be able to deal with these mathematical subjects.
- There are students that have high goals in their life and assignments help them to be more hard working and focused in what they are doing. This will also help them to reach their goals easily.
- In school they get assignments from different subjects and thus they learn to handle multiple task in one time. This will help the students to gain the habit of multiple tasking which is a very important factor in most of the private sectors today.
- Next importance of assignments is that it helps the teachers to know the capabilities of the students. Every student differ in their capabilities and potentialities and thus through the quality of their work teachers will know which students are capable enough and which are the students that require more attention.
There are numerous benefits a student can enjoy if they do their work nicely and with full concentration. But to achieve this they need to devote their time and do it with interest. The main problem the students face is that they donâ€™t want to devote much time to their studies and are busy enjoying their life. Thus it is the duty of the parents to provide a time table to their children in which they can state the study time and playing time. This will prevent the students from wasting their time in playing and enjoying life. If they do their assignments carefully then no one can stop them from excelling in their academic field.