Children are like flowers and when they are blossoming, proper care should be taken to let the flowers be in full bloom! Adolescence is a period of transition where self-doubt, insecurities, lots of adventurous and curious questions pop up in their mind- and they start the self-journey of discovering things unknown, unexplored with an air of hesitation as well as defiance.
At such a stage, it is absolutely crucial not to let them be as they want to, but respect the fact that they are growing up and can make independent decisions. Parents need to be a guide in the true way, hearing out the thoughts of their kids, helping them to learn from their mistakes and help in their personal development.
Respect the fact that your child can have an opinion
- The parenting job is one of the biggest challenges that anyone faces. The parents need to make their kids face the world in a way that when they confront the hurdles, they can remain strong.
- Adolescence is a very strange phase of life where the body changes shape, voice changes and the mind hovers around a lot of things which he/she feels uncomfortable to express.
- The rebellion streak can get the better of everything when he is thinking, and being the parents; don’t just impose your ideas on your kid.
- Hear him/her out, show respect to their opinion and then with a cool head make him/her understand the pros and cons of the decision that he/she is clinging to.
Be the best friend of your child and it really matters
- People need to talk it out if something is not going the way he is thinking it to be, and an adolescent child is no exception.
- He is trying his best to have that acceptance and approval tag from the society on whatever he does – the way he speaks, dresses, looks,- his heart his pining for acceptance because it is that phase of life where acceptance is something that they are badly in need of.
- So at such a critical juncture, being parents, talk to your child, be his best buddy. Listen to their views and opinions – be an active participant whether it is gossips, celebrities, politics, games- or any subject under the sun; discuss, deliberate and act like best friends. This is the best way to know that your child is going in the right direction and what he is really upto!
- A cool mom and dad who are updated makes a child feels happy that he has found a good friend in them!
In this digital age, be socially active on various social media networking sites
- Whether it is Facebook, Instagramand Twitter on any other social media networking site that your child gets glued to, why not be the friend in their social profiles? This will indirectly help you to know what they are up to, as social activities are a strong signal reflecting how your little prince or sweet angel is acting like in their adolescence.
- Social media, with the advent of technology, has really made the world a very small place to live in, but we are forgetting the fact it has its set of cons that one needs to be updated with. The online world has all its lures and protecting your adolescent child can be an easier when you become a socially active cool dad or mom!
Help them to shape up their career
- Find out the special talent of your child
Parents need to understand the fact that all students can’t bring an A+ in every subject. Everyone is gifted with special talents and abilities, the job is to search, find and hone that talent.
- Let him choose the subject/stream
If you want to put the best foot forward, help your child to have a good educational background, see what interests him more, the subjects that he is ready to study, enjoys, explores, researches and is good at, without influencing him with what you think might be the right career choice. If he is not meant to be an engineer and wants to study history, why not let him take the stream of his choice and excel in his preferred stream?
- Help them with homework and assignments
If you can make time after coming home from work and discharging your familial duties and chores, help your adolescent kid with homework. If you are good at the subject that your child is struggling with, show him the ways so that he can be better in approaching a topic and completing his assignment.
- Hire professional help to pull him out of trouble
Whether it is the pressure on the examination front, heaps of pending assignments, you as a doting parent need to make research and find homework help service provider who offers the best professional and plagiarism-free services. When a homework help provider is in the industry for long, it shows its credibility of helping out students in the best possible way. Hire affordable services and avail premium services from a noted company.
Address their habits politely
If you can observe that your adolescent child is partying too often, is getting addicted to any sort of narcotics, alcohol and the like, address the issue not by scolding him/her, or snapping all contacts with their friends, but with care. These are delicate issues and overtly stern behavior on the part of parents can prove to be detrimental in this sphere.
Boost their self-esteem
In order to pep up the confidence level of your adolescent child, encourage and appreciate him/her. The heart inside an adolescent child is shrouded in self-doubt because he is in such a phase where everything is in change and building confidence is crucial. Only the parents can help the adolescent kids to have that faith in him.
Parents should not overdo their role in order to show discipline, but when children are given the scope to build their confidence, they end up becoming great decision-makers and make the right choices in life!