As we progress from one class to the next the subjects tend to get a lot tougher and the new subjects are also introduced. One subject that you may have trouble with is computer science. Computer science does not simply mean that you need to be tech savvy or know how to operate the latest laptop, but it is a combination of technology and science, obviously. When not just studying facts and figures, it is quite astounding how interesting and engaging computer science can really be. But sometimes, it can all get really complicated to understand; this is why you should avail of a computer science tutors help.
There are many aspects to this subject; the best place to start is back at the basics. Having a clear knowledge of the simple stuff will ensure that you have a smoother time when it comes to trying to wrap your head around the more difficult things. Below you will find a number of fun facts about computer science and the best way to go about finding the right kind of computer science help tutors to give you the kind of assistance that you need.
The History behind Computer Science
For those of you who love history, this section will be of particular interest to you. Perhaps, having a clear knowledge of computer science will help with garnering an interest in the subject as a whole. Before looking for a computer science tutors help, here are a few fun facts about the subject:
- Our modern day computers and laptops was once just a mechanical calculator. A mechanical calculator is something that is rather mundane and normal for us now.
- Blaise Pascal was the person to invent this mechanical calculator. He is the father of the modern computer.
- Charles Babbage invented both the Difference Engine and the Analytical Engine. It is quite crazy that in about two weeks he managed to sketch out the main features of the computer that have lasted through the years.
- There are many other significant names that have contributed massive amounts of information and hard work to the creation of what we know as the personal computer. Some of these people are: Ada Lovelace, Herman Hollerith, and Howard Aiken.
When trying to search for computer science help tutors, they will probably brief you on all of this, depending upon your knowledge of the subject as a whole. While you may never be tested on these facts, they are always good to know as a part of your general knowledge.
Greatest minds of Computer Science
Over the years, many great minds have come and gone, but there are a select few who have contributed immeasurable value to this field. Any computer science help tutors that you find will probably tell you all about these people, but here is just a small introduction.
- Alan Turing is a pure genius who died well before his time at the age of 41. There was even a movie made about him and his work that was an Oscar runner. Alan Turing had his struggles but it was clear that mathematics and computers came rather naturally to him. He worked for GC&CS during the Second World War, to help decode German messages.
- His work was consistently doubted and he wasnâ€™t even recognized till many years after he died, where the government apologized for their lack of appreciation for his brilliance. He is someone that all computer science help tutors will definitely know about, so you can definitely ask them for additional information.
- Another mind blowing man in this field is Corrado Bohm. He contributed to the theories of structured programming, lambda-calculus, combinatory logic and other fields. All of this is rather high end stuff, and you should only get into the details of it if you are genuinely interested. First, you need to master what is taught in class for that you need a computer science tutors help.
Areas of Computer Science
Before you get lost in all the complicated details remember that â€œTo start is the first step you have to takeâ€. Once you get started there is no determining how far you will go. To do this you must use get computer science help tutors to teach you all these things. One of them is the various areas of computer science. Under a broad spectrum there are two areas:
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Applied Computer Science
These two areas have a number of subdivisions as well. These are as follows:
- Theoretical Computer Science
Computation deals with something that is considered to be the fundamentals of computers. This theory asks a very simple question, that is, how can anything be automated? There are many theories that comprise this single theory, those theories include automata theory, computability theory, computational complexity theory, cryptography, and quantum computing theory.
Coding is a very huge part that has stemmed from computer science. This is a rather interesting portion, and something you might thoroughly enjoy as well. Codes are used for a number of things like cryptography and data compression. Topics like these can get rather convoluted and tricky which is why you will need computer science tutors help for when these questions arise in your homework.
- Applied Computer Science
Applied computer science involves everything from artificial intelligence to computer architecture and engineering. When studying these topics it is necessary that you have all your information completely sorted.
How to find computer science tutors help
When searching for the right kind of tutor:
- You should find someone who is educated and experienced in the field. They should know what theyâ€™re doing and have the required information.
- They should definitely be the type of person who inspires you to study the subject and helps you develop an interest in the subject as well.
- They should be able to work around your schedule and give you the amount of time that you will need to learn and understand the various topics.
Computer science help tutors develop you better study habits in order to score the best marks you possibly can. If you are having trouble coping with other science subjects as well then you should think about why you need the right kind of chemistry tutors help as well!