Have you heard of Twin Hills homework page? Well, even I was unaware of it a few days ago. Being a teacher, responsibility is there to explore new techniques and procedures of teaching. Until and unless, a teacher is efficient to help a student grow interest in learning, the desire towards education will gradually decline. So, help your students learn better by trying out some new methods in the classroom. Besides teaching lessons of different subjects, you can also help them with their homework. Wondering how?
Well, when you are assigning homework to the students after completing one lesson, ask them few questions. Suppose, you taught ‘I wandered lonely as a cloud,’ a poem by William Wordsworth and instructed the students to write the summary as homework. Asking questions will help students to get a better understanding. You will also be able to rectify any wrong concept after listening to the answers. Ask questions like:
- Who is ‘I’ referred to in the poem?
- Name the flower mentioned in the first stanza.
- What is the meaning of ‘jocund’ and ‘glance’?
- When does the narrator dance with the daffodils?
- How many stars did the narrator see at a glance?
- Describe the mood of 4th
Just in this manner, you will help the students engage themselves with the lesson. This in turn help students get a clear idea of the topic and complete the homework with ease. A teacher’s main motive is to let the children gain more in- depth knowledge. Many such unique ideas are available in Twin Hills homework page.
Now, have a look at how you can make the learning process more effective and unique than the others. Various techniques are present that work far better compared to the traditional ‘standing and delivering’ lecture.
How to help students learn in a better way:
- One can teach various concepts with the help of maps and pictures. The effect of visual learning is stronger than just reading and listening to all topics line after line.
- A professional and experienced teacher focuses mainly on further expanded and meaningful information representing procedure. For example, one can provide relevant and suitable examples of each subject matter so that students can connect better.
In this manner, even if a student forgets the topic he or she will be able to recollect it just by remembering those examples.
It will also enable pupils while doing their homework. They will be able to write better answers.
- Make a brief lesson plan before starting on with any chapter. It will help you get an idea for teaching the lesson systematically. If you segregate the topics, it will be beneficial for all pupils to master each step properly.
- Apart from making lesson plans, teachers must also work on learning styles. A truth is that all pupils learn differently. So, if you want to provide the entire class an equal opportunity to succeed, then it is your soul responsibility to bring variation in your teaching style.
You can make use of visuals, sound besides giving written materials for complicated topics. For example- teachingrespiratory or digestive system to the learners will prove effective if done with the help of visuals. By doing so, pupils will get to know the working of each system better.
- In spite of giving daily homework, education counselors suggest teachers to periodic homework. It will decrease the frustration and work pressure of children.
My homework help, Twin Hills homework page also help teachers to acquire better ways of teaching and fruitful ways of dealing with homework.
- If you get an opportunity to interrelate matters of different subjects like Math and Science or History and Geography, then you may do that. It actuallyworks wonders. Students will get an idea how to apply information from one subject to another. It will also help to deal with situations in their real life.
- You may work together with other subject teachers for providing integrative and engaging lessons.
Ideas to set up the classroom for effective teaching:
Becoming a wise teacher is not only about getting a good position at the most reputed school. Preparing your classroom is essential besides making alesson plan. Are you wondering what sort of classroom set- up will help you in better teaching? Have a look!
- Update displays–
You can display the subject matter you are teaching at present so that learning becomes interesting and effective. Such displays are excellent for reviewing and remembering the topics.
- Set up an achievement board–
To induce competition within the pupils, a teacher can create an achievement board. Now, what are the things that you should include? Give grades to each student for doing their homework. For example-
Grade A- Correct and neat work
Grade B- Can excel very quickly
Grade C- Incomplete work
Grade D- Dirty work
After giving grades, write them down on this board, or you can stick a print out. As all the students will be able to see each other’s grades, the urge to do better will automatically grow within them. They will start doing their homework and submit it on time.
A friend of mine received many such ideas from Twin Hills homework pageand it helped her a lot.
- Treat the wall spaces as learning centers–
Decorating the classroom wall with charts and paper cuttings looks colorful, but there are better ways of using the wall space. You can divide the space into various sections. On one, you can put ‘Word Wall,’ stick or write unique words in that section for increasing the vocabulary of students. Another section may contain matters of any special topic like social studies, spelling or upcoming test information.
Make sure that the walls are not only used for bulletin boards. Instead you can utilize it for other learning purposes. Creating a perfect learning environment is another major duty of a teacher.
So, what are you waiting for? Even you can try and become a unique and professional teacher. Before trying any new ideas of teaching, it is better to analyze the requirements of your students for understanding which parts should you put emphasis on. Twin Hills homework page and many other homework pages may help you in educational matters.