Assignments and homework form an imperative and integral part of the education system all across the globe. However, students have always grumbled and despaired at the very thought of assignments. While the same kind of assignments does tend to get monotonous and tedious after a while, there remains the fact that homework aids in the learning process to a great extent. Herein lies the importance of creative homework assignments that not only drive home the purpose of homework but also serve as a welcome break from the tedious and monotonous routine.
It also helps students in coming up with creative solutions to particular problems and enhances them as learners.
The Purpose of Creative Homework Assignments:
All said and done, you might now ask what at all the purpose of homework is. There have been a lot of passionate debates around the world on this subject. While some people are all against the entire idea of homework, some have passionately kept their views on why students need to be assigned homework on a regular basis.
- Homework not only serves as a tool of reinforcement for those topics, which are already highlighted at school; but also helps students in exploring avenues and gathering resources relevant to that topic.
- Assignments invariably come packaged with a deadline. This means that students have to plan their work accordingly and finish off that work within that given time. Not only does this enhance their planning and organizational abilities, but also boosts the time management capabilities of students.
- Homework also aids in the development of problem-solving abilities in students. This is especially true for creative homework assignments in which students are needed to find an out of the box solution to a problem at hand.
- Students also become independent learners when they are assigned homework as they have to delve into a number of other resources to get their work done correctly.
Hence, one could safely conclude that a certain amount of homework can prove to be quite beneficial for the student in the long run. But of course, too much burden of homework is a problem. Students might lose interest in doing them.
Creative homework assignments â€“ How are They Beneficial for Students?
The reluctance of students when it comes to doing assignments is a common issue that plagues people all around the world. It is also true that the same kind of homework does tend to get tedious and monotonous after a while. So, what can one do in order to break this monotony and make things more interesting and motivate students? Creative homework assignments can definitely be an answer to this problem.
- Creative assignments do not limit the students to a specific format. They, rather encourage students to be independent in their approach.
- Tech literacy and creativity are the two mantras which need to go hand in hand for creating a successful individual in the modern era. Hence, it can be said that creative assignments, which provide scope for the use of technology, can prove to be quite beneficial for learners all over.
- Certain creative assignments also require students to interact in groups, thereby, catalyzing the development of their social skills.
- Creative assignments also help students in expressing themselves in a way that is often not possible with the conventional assignments that developing the capability of expression positively.
- Creative homework generally requires students to critically think, analyze, imagine and come up with an innovative solution to a problem. Thus, one could say that creative assignments enhance the cognitive abilities of the students.
Hence, one could conclude that with a correct approach, creative assignments can serve as a great catalyst in motivating students to a great extent.
How Can One Convert A Boring Assignment Into A Creative One?
â€œBoredom always precedes a period of great creativityâ€ â€“ these words of Robert. M. Prisig can be said to be especially true about the creative assignments assigned to students. The same kind of homework can often prove to quite monotonous for students. Creative homework assignments, thus, can be said to be a breather that provides students with the much-needed independence on doing a particular assignment. So, how can you make your boring assignments a fun ride?
- Choosing the perspective:
The way the assignment is approached can make all the difference between a regular assignment and a creative one. For instance, if you have to write a description of your bike, you could approach it from the point of view of the bike instead of describing it in the conventional way.
- Connecting with real life:
It would be best if the assignment given can be connected to events occurring in real life. This works best if you draw parallels of the hypothetical situations of your assignments to certain concrete incidents.
- Researching for resources:
It would also be worthwhile if you invest a bit of time and research on the given topic to find relevant information that will not only enhance the given paper but also your knowledge base.
- Group discussions:
Discussing the assignment problem in a group and brainstorming for ideas can also help you in completing the assignment creatively and successfully. You can come up with a number of creative solutions to a particular problem in midst of a brainstorming session.
- Use of Technology:
You could also consider using technology meaningfully in order to enhance the creative aspect of your assignment. The homework help companies can also help you in this respect to a great extent.
While approaching creative homework assignments, one can find it quite a feat to achieve. While there can be no doubt about the fact that your teachers are the best people who can help you out in such a situation, certain homework help companies on the block can prove to be quite helpful in this entire process. While it is not possible to â€˜teach creativityâ€™, these homework help websites and companies can provide creative and innovative solutions to the problem at hand and help you out in understanding how to best approach the problem. They are an affordable and effective way of understanding creative approaches and developing them in you.