Hey! Are you petrified of writing long essays? Actually writing essay is like a habit, but writing long essays may create some problem when you have little time in hand. â€˜Donâ€™t stress, but concentrateâ€™ and you can surely overcome your fear. Remember to follow a healthy and disciplined life to overcome all stresses. In that case, I can give some simple tips, which will certainly help you to overcome your fear.
Chalk out a well plan
â€œLife is more fun when you are organizedâ€.
Before heading towards your computer in the morning do the following things:
- Have a healthy breakfast like porridge, cereal, oats etc to fuel your body. As soon as you are no more hungry, you will get the positive energy to start with your new project like writing a long essay.
- After breakfast, find a calm and quiet place like a library or in your study room where the chances of getting distracted is minimum.
- Gather all the necessary items needed to start working on. Make sure your pens have ink and you donâ€™t have to run to the nearest shop to buy pens. Keep a water bottle beside your table, as you may soon feel thirsty after starting your work.
- You can keep some important notes or reference books from where you can take some help. Last but not the least, you can surely keep some chocolates as a way of rewarding yourself. You can write 500 words and then eat a small chocolate bar and promise yourself to have another candy after writing another 500 words.
- You can avoid caffeine as it is not good during early hours.
Be honest to yourself and shut away from the world
It is your life, your project and your career so be serious and be honest to yourself. Keep your mobile phone and laptop switched off and away from you. It is best if you keep them with your mom and make a deal with her. If you can finish your work within a particular time, your mom will give it back to you and you can use them for some extra minutes as an earned reward.
Manage your precious time judicially:
Use your time properly by dividing them equally with your works.
Let us take an example. Say, it is 10 am in the morning and you will have to submit it on tomorrow morning. Donâ€™t panic! Just divide your time and you will be overjoyed to find that the essay is being done without worrying at all.
- 10:00 â€“ 10:30am â€“ Read the topic well, and make an idea about how to begin, regarding the body of the essay and also how will you write the conclusion. Think of the essay questions and make a note of all these things in a sheet of paper.
- 10:30 â€“ 10:45am – Take a short break as you get in school and eat a cookie or a fruit.
- 11:00 â€“ 12:30pm â€“ Make a full plan of your essay or write the outline of your essay.
- 12:30 â€“ 13:00pm â€“ Make your introduction ready by this time. Take it as a challenge, and yes you can do it.
- 13:00-14:00 â€“ Lunch time. By this time, you must be very hungry and yes you deserve it.
- 14:00- 16:00 â€“ Please get back to your room and shut the door. This is the right time to do all your research works.
- 16:00- 20:30 â€“ Now write all your content. In between have your dinner, but donâ€™t waste too much time in the dining room.
- 20:30- 22:30 â€“ Revise your work and edit it wherever needed.
- 22:30- 23:00 â€“ Now, is the time to print and put it inside your bag and relax. Yes, you did it congratulate yourself. Feel proud and can share this with your friends via mailing or messaging or by sending message through whatsapp.
The main motto is to use your time productively to enjoy the fruit of the future.
How can you choose the essay topic?
If you are given an option of choosing an essay topic, please choose a topic in which you are confident about. If you are good in geography than history, then you should choose oceanography rather than American war of independence. Before starting, keep in mind the following things:
- Google search about the topic, but donâ€™t spend more than 20 minutes over it.
- While researching jot down all the important points you came across.
- You can use bullet points to each argument, so that you can get an idea about the outline of the essay.
- I can suggest you an interesting thing to do as I have been extremely benefitted from it. You can use these key ideas as headings to your each paragraph so that you donâ€™t stray away from the main subject matter.
Worried about your introduction?
Some students find it quite terrible to write the introduction. Hold on! Itâ€™s not that tough at all. Instead it is very easy.
- Write body of the essay first.
- As soon as you are done with the outline, you are well aware of what has been written.
- Just introduce your main topic and give some relevant facts and the key points. Just write how you are going to illustrate these key points.
Remember about word limit:
Donâ€™t forget about your word limit. Do not panic. Think about your key points and you can google search and add the necessary information.
Time to edit:
- Check the flow of the essay.
- Check if there is any spelling mistake or grammatical mistake.
- Are all the paragraphs linked in a proper way.
- Check the style of writing and see there are no irrelevant facts included.
By managing time properly the long essays can get you good grades. Not only that, you donâ€™t have to weep in the library or in your bed room. Instead you can relax and can have a gala time with your friends and family. You must remember always:
â€œWhere there is a will, there is a wayâ€, so worry less and have fun.