Time management is one of the most necessary conditions for dealing with your homework. Both go hand in hand as it is through time management that one can finish their task within a limited span of time. Time is something which is always important for a person in all aspect of life. It is something that money can never buy. So to be successful in life you first need to know how to manage your time.
The amount of time can never be changed. Each week starts with a fixed span of time and so you just need to decide how to utilise it. For this you need to plan out your week or month accordingly so that you get an idea where you will land in the end. The habit of planning out each and every work should be developed in a child from his/her childhood. This will make them an expert in that when they grow up.
Homework and planning:
Homework is something that a student doesnâ€™t like to do usually, but it is one of the most important things that a student needs to do in order to score good in their exams. In order to develop love towards homework a student should first learn time management skills.
Important points to remember for speeding up with your home assignments are as follows:
- Firstly, find a quiet place for doing your homework.
- Secondly, organise your stationary like pencil, pen, books, etc in one place.
- Thirdly, stay away from all kinds of distractions like mobile, TV, etc.
- Fourthly, set a fixed time for doing your homework.
- Lastly, sit with your homework daily.
By following the above rules you will experience your child learning time management skills which will prove to be beneficial in his future.
Why a teacherâ€™s guidance important for a student?
Teachers play a major role in the life of the students. They are the person from whom students start learning everything. So it should be the duty of the teachers to help them develop time management habits which will prove beneficial in the long run. Teachers provide work to students for each day so they should also allot the time required to do each assignment. By doing this slowly students will get an idea how to allocate their time in order get the maximum benefit.
Benefits of time management:
- It will help you develop good learning habits which will prove to be beneficial during your higher studies.
- You will be an able to take out time for other curriculums like playing, drawing, dancing, etc.
- Allotting a fixed time for an assignment will help you know how much time you are left with and accordingly you can speed up with your work.
- At the end of the day you will be very clear about what you have accomplished and how to move further.
- It helps to reduce the level of stress and frustration among students as they feel light after completing a certain amount of work.
- Developing a habit of doing homework regularly along with time management will help you excel in whatever you do.
Tricks to achieve time management skills:
- Organise all the things you need in one place:
This is the most important step to start with before sitting with your assignment. If the things are kept in an unorganised way then it will waste most of your time. Remember to keep all your belongings in a place where you can easily avail rather than finding here and there. This will help you save much of your time and you will finish your work within the allotted time.
- Create a planner for yourself:
The next thing you need to do after organising your thin is to create a planner for you self and stick it in front of your study table so that you can keep a track on how much work you need to complete in a day. You can also use a marker or a sketch pen to mark the work you have completed in a day. This will help you develop good planning skills without forgetting anything.
- Plan for your week:
Along with your weekly planner you can also have a separate planner for your whole week. In this planner you can write your weekly goals in more details so that you donâ€™t miss out on anything. You can place this calendar just beside your monthly planner so that you can have a look on both of them.
- Check yourself every day:
This is a kind of checklist that works better than both kinds of planners. Through this checklist you can check your progress at the end of the day and also decide work for your next day. This great idea as you can write down the task for each day and also allot specific time to each assignment so that you complete it effectively.
- Take out time for other activities:
While planning for your day you should also allot time for your fun activities. Indulging yourself in other activities is as important as doing regular homework. Sitting with your assignments and homework will make you bore and you will start losing your concentration. So a balance of everything is very necessary in your life.
You should now start planning your day in order to achieve your goal in life.