A new academic year begins with a new class, newbooks, and copies. You being a responsible parent send your kid to school at the right time before the morning bell. Then your child returns with homework for the next day.
A parents struggle begins right from here. You will find your child falling asleep before bedtime leaving homework and assignments undone. You will face nights when your kid will fight for hours on homework. Late night preparations for next dayâ€™s test in class.
Then a time will come when you will feel everything moving backward. You start feeling hopeless and tired of the circumstances you are going through. Do not worry parents. There is nothing to feel so despaired. Think something different, plan and you will find yourself back on the track once again.
Here I am presenting dozens of parenting tips on homework which can help you in distress:
- Make your kiddodo their homework as early as possible.
- Bring your kid in a calm and quiet place to do homework, which is far from distractions.
- Build up confidence in your child and encourage them to do their work on their own.
- Supply all necessary materials that your child needs to complete their homework.
- Divide the homework into parts so that they find it pretty easy to work it up all.
- Motivate your child and encourage them with positive feedbacks.
- Keep an eye on your kid even when you are busy. Let them do their own work alone yet under your guidance.
- Set a timer and offer incentives. This will teach your kid the value and meaning of time management. Incentives will encourage pupil and will fill them with positiveness.
- Plan out of your own and try new ways. Make your child realize that homework is actually required in daily life. Like if your daughter is doing math homework, you too balance your checkbook.
- Do not shout or nag or rush, be friendly and try to make them understand the value of homework.
- Never force your kid to mug up your process, as that might be different from the one being taught at school. This will confuse the student even more. Co-operation with the teacher is required.
- If your kid is asking for your help, then help them out with it. But do not assist them to find the answers directly, guide them as much as you can.
Now its turn to know about some parenting tips on teaching techniques:
There are a few essential points which parents must keep in mind while teaching or sort of dealing with your child. These are-
- Be firm- you should have to be firm enough and adhere to your own This does not mean getting stubborn on your points. But itâ€™s the ability to handle unusual or inappropriate situations and behaviors.
- Be fair enough– you will have to be fair with your decisions. You canâ€™t just punish harshly for some silly mistake. Make a clear conception about your rules so the child must have knowledge of what to expect. You can just be fair with your punishments, but you will have to fair with rewards.
- Be your childâ€™s best friend- try to be your childâ€™s friend so that he feels free to share everything little thing with you. Make sure that if he is wrong, he is scolded for that. Encourage them to remember their mistakes and never to repeat them again.
So keeping these 3Fâ€™s in mind, we move on to the next phase. I know you must be curious to know about the next part of parents playing the role of a teacher. We are well aware of the fact that nowadays people use so many modern learning techniques.
Some of those practical ways are as follows:
- Help them to practice the behavior you expect from them.
- Encourage them for their betterment but at the same time criticize for which is not okay for you.
- Save some time for your child and spend some fun hours with them.
- In spite of time-consuming lectures teach them and then show them what they should do or how should they behave.
- Explain your feelings to your kid over a particular activity so that there is no miscommunication in between you both.
- Be polite and a good listener. Always try to maintain a soft tone but you must sound strict.
- Make sure that your kid gets used to with your body language.
- While you are teaching them, lessons keeps an eye contact and try to understand what is going on their mind.
- Give them those choices as to when and how to comply with your request.
- Do not rush. Wait for the gradual changes in behavior.
- Do not expect too much from your child that will create extra pressure on them.
- Praise and encourage when the desired goal is achieved.
So I have done my part. I have guided you in all possible ways. Now itâ€™s your turn to convert my words into actions. Students usually follow what they see around them. How their teachers and parents behave with them. Hence, your behavior will play a significant role in their path togrowup. Parents you will have to be well aware of this fact and behave accordingly. You treat them right, and they will treat you well.
We must always keep in mind that a student becomes successful in school only when their parents participate in their life actively. It is parents without whose help a student cannot shine like a star. Your child must be under proper guidancewhile he is studying or having fun.The Proper guidance does not mean pushing the kiddos to study whole day long; it meansboth must go on simultaneously as Studies and entertainment -two sides of a coin.
The goal is right in front of you. Now run to achieve the happy days. Bid farewell to stressful days. Be delightful!