Holidays are very interesting to everybody, especially to young students. It is a relief for them from regular classes and other painful schedules. It is time to enjoy with friends and families, hangouts, throwing parties, going on picnics, etc. Students wait eagerly for their holidays to come. Apart from holidays on weekends, there are other longer holidays fit for enjoyment plans, like winter holidays, Christmas and New Year, Easter, etc.
But, there is also a disheartening fact that most institutes assign holiday homework for their students which is to be done within these holidays. Hence, often holiday assignments appear as the enemy of all joy. It takes up almost half of the time from our holidays and ruins most of the fun and enthusiasm. Most students wish to get rid of such irritating assignments and fully enjoy their holidays. So, is there no way to avoid such situationsspoilingfun? Yes, there is!
If one learns to organize their holiday time properly and utilize them well, then they will find plenty of time to enjoy themselves. Here are some interesting ways to schedule your holidays for better utilization of time to both finish your homework and have adequate enjoyment.
- Decide what to do
First step of setting up any schedule is to decide all that you wish to do. One cannot make good use of time if he or she is confused about what they wish to do and what they have to do. So, first plan what are the things that are to be done in your holidays. Remember, holiday homework must be a part of this. Also, it should be given the topmost priority. Hence, first decide your homework and then accordingly decide other fun activities keeping in mind that your holidays are not indefinitely extended in time.
- Schedule assignments
If your holiday is long, like a month or so, then it will be easier to plan it. First plan out each month, then go for each week and finally schedule the days.
- You already know what your assignments are and how lengthy they are. So, start chalking out your holiday routine with them.
- First draw tables for your holiday months and assign which subjects are to be donein each of these months.
- Assign subjects wisely. If there are fragmented months at the end or beginning of your recess, keep the shorter chapters for those months. Longer and harder ones are to be assigned for full month spans.
- Now, come to weekly schedule. Draw a weekly chart and begin to assign which parts of a chapter you are to solve in each week.
- Roughly there are four weeks in a month. So, break up your assignment subject for that month in four major parts. Keep the extra days for emergency purposes and unavoidable delays.
- Try to keep the harder parts assigned within first two weeks of a month. It is better to deal with the worst earlier than postponing it for later.
- Now, you must routine out each week and set up a daily schedule for solving home assignments.
- Select a time of the day when you should do your homework. For example, memorizing poems, answers and all can be easily done in morning, mathematics are best for afternoon, light text reading are good at night.
- It is better to pack up the beginning days of a week with longer and tougher parts of your assignments. This will make youâ€™re a bit more free at the weekends which is ideal time to enjoy with friends and family.
Thus, first schedule your home assignments firmly and remember that they are not to be altered unless absolutely necessary.
- Schedule other activities
After carefully structuring your homework times, you have to assign all the other fun activities that you wish to do in the time that remains.
- You already have your plans.Now start to put them in order of daily, weekly and then monthly routine â€“ just the opposite way of scheduling home assignments.
- If assignments are wisely scheduled, you will find plenty of time left for fun activities.
- Keep all family programs and hangouts on weekends. It will act as anenergy boost up for starting next Monday packed with tough assignments.
- But, remember not to wear yourself out too much so that you lose all energy before beginning of next week.
- Do not make too much detailed plans regarding each activity as they would make those activities too long for such a situation where time management is most important.
- If you find that your scheduled time is running short, then do not be disappointed too much. Cancel the less enjoyable activities and assign those which you feel is more interesting.
- If you have to cancel an activity, say to yourself: â€˜I will do it in my next holiday!â€™ That should give you something to look forward to.
- Follow routine obediently
Chalking out a routine is not at all enough. You must follow it thoroughly without questioning and this is where most students fail. If you are worried about whether you can actually follow such a routine, just remember: It is you who will suffer if you fail your routine. It will be your joy that is going to be spoiled. This feeling should give you new energy.
- Do your homework from time to time as set in your daily chart.
- No need to look at all daily, weekly and monthly charts together. It will mess up your mind with a feeling of burden.
- Just concentrate on your dayand do home works accordingly.
- Remember, just doing your assignments is not enough. You must do it properly so that you are judged well by your teachers when classes reopen.
- If you are having troubles in doing a perfect assignment take all the help you can get. Consult experts, consult the Net. Check out Top 5 tips to get good grades by your class teacher in assignments as it might help.
- For no reason, break schedule. Try to complete a given part of homework in time and also follow schedule strictly for fun activities too. If follow routine impartially then it will give you enthusiasm to stick to your schedule.
- Involve in one and forget the rest
Enjoyment is a feeling of mind and hence can be hacked easily. If you keep in your mind your full day schedule with all its study details, all the time even when you are enjoying yourself, then your joy is bound to be lessened. Avoid this! Whenever, you are doing your homework, just forget that you have to attend a party afterwards.
You will not have any hurry to finish studying and this will allow you to concentrate. Similarly, when you are in a party or a picnic, forget that you ever have to do any homework again. Be free and enjoy yourself. Your joy and happiness will be twice as usual.
If you can successfully maintain a balance between your assignments and entertainment in your holidays, then you will never have any trouble in enjoying holidays. Scheduling it in these above-mentioned ways is useful in doing so.