Students often hesitate with their homework, especially when itâ€™s a subject like chemistry. Primarily, there are two kinds of problems which students face when they attempt to solve their chemistry assignments.
- Some students have problem memorizing the formulae and chemical formations. Itâ€™s a subject that requires a sharp memory and a person might simply have to mug up a lot of things. This can be troublesome for a category of students.
- Chemistry involves mathematical problems where a person might be required to measure volume or pressure, the arithmetic gives a headache to some students.
The right approach to chemistry:
If a student wishes to do well in this subject, theyâ€™ll need to be a little attentive to begin with. Youâ€™ll only be able to do your homework without hesitation; theyâ€™ll first have to pay attention to class work.
Hereâ€™s something that every student should do:
- Take notes while the teacher is lecturing in the class.
- Mark out the parts which he or she mentions to be of importance.
- Go through your class notes while doing the homework.
- Start with mugging up the laws, valences and formulae.
- The Periodic table must be a like a holy book to every chemistry student, they must know it by heart.
- Certain elements or chemical matters have certain properties, a student must be aware of these to be able to do their homework easily.
- The arithmetic part can be mastered through thorough practice.
What can make the homework easier for you?
- Text book:
When you sit with the assigned homework, keep your text book close. The homework cannot be something out of the syllabus and the solution will lie somewhere within the chapter. Going through the book attentively will yield the answers.
- Class Notes:
Efficient teachers call out the important parts in a chapter and the homeworks are often based on what they teach in class. So when students take note, theyâ€™ll have an easy access to the solution.
- Pay attention in practical classes:
Usually, students remember things better when they see or experience it rather than just learning about it. This should make homework’s easier.
- Get professional help:
When class teaching is not sufficient, a person should opt for alternative professional help which means they should get a private tutor. A teacher might not be able to pay attention to every child in a class of 60 students but a private tutor will be much helpful in clearing all your doubts.
- Be vocal about your confusions:
Whether in the classroom or with the private tutors, a student must be able to express their confusions clearly. You donâ€™t understand how a bonding works? Ask. Cannot solve a sum? Ask for help. Thatâ€™s the only way youâ€™ll learn.
- Use the internet:
As most students are already aware, you can in maximum occasions find solution to your homework online. If you donâ€™t know an answer to something or when you require additional information, use Google and chances are, youâ€™ll find what youâ€™ve been looking for!
- Get homework help:
For students who take their grades seriously or who have real trouble doing homework, homework help services are available online. They are not hard to find once you search for subject specific help. The service providers usually charge a price but in most circumstances, they are affordable.
- Group study:
This too makes it easier to solve chemistry homework. Two brains are better than one, so if you and your friend jointly attempt to solve an equation or homework, itâ€™ll be much easier than any of you trying alone!
- Read academic blogs:
Following academic blogs in general clarifies many concepts and enriches a person with knowledge that might otherwise be unknown to them. As personâ€™s base of knowledge becomes stronger, it becomes easier for them to understand subsequent concepts and work them out.
Special help with organic chemistry:
More students complain about the organic segment of chemistry than with the inorganic segment. However, itâ€™s not really that difficult once you understand itâ€™s the basic relation of carbon with other elements. The bonds which they form and then the properties of acids and alkaline might seem mind boggling at first but all you need to do is make an honest attempt to remember them! Once you do that, scoring high grades in chemistry will be the easiest thing ever!
Dealing with organic chemistry:
- Pay absolute attention when the teachers explain the bond formations and structures. If youâ€™ve missed the first time, ask and ask again until you understand things clearly.
- Mug up everything that needs to be remembered. Make charts if necessary and try to memorize the chemical reactions one by one.
Once you understand how things work and you know the essentials, youâ€™ll not need to hesitate with your chemistry homework anymore. All it takes is a little effort. For students who cannot put in the required effort, thereâ€™s the alternative way where they can hire homework help services to save their grades for the time being.
At the end of day, however, one has to help themselves. Study as much as you can and when you think things are going beyond your capacity, seek the assistance you need. Every student needs a bit of professional guidance if they are to do well in the academic sphere. Seek it out and homework wonâ€™t be so hard anymore!