Physics is a popular science subject taught in high schools, colleges, universities and other higher levels. This is one of those peculiar subjects, whichis loved by some students and equally dreaded by others. In fact, there happen to be students who cannot decide whether to consider it easy or difficult. The reason for such variety of opinionson this subject is because of the uniqueness of it.
Physics is a subject filled with mysteries, surprises, interesting and mind blowing facts, confusing concepts as well as critical calculations of the highest complexities. The latter features are widely responsible for negative reactions towards this subject.
However, there are these other featureswhich are enough to grow positive feelings amongst its students. Yet, there will be no shortage of finding students who do not prefer physics or fail to appreciate its astonishing features. Reasons for this can be alack of proper guidance or poor quality of tuition on Physics in classes.
Turn Physics into Fun â€“
As mentioned before, there are always students who fear or hate Physics, and this blog is for them. If you are such a student, please manage sometimes and read this as it might prove to be helpful. Here are some ways and tricks which may be followed to make your Physics course fun and more interesting.
- Understand the subject
The first step of mastering every subject is to understand its philosophy and grasp the concepts. If this first part is done efficiently, then the remaining parts are easy to handle.
Physics is a conceptual subject, and nobody can get a grip on it unless they have a solid and bold concept. So, if you want to get rid of your hatred towards this subject, your first job is to understand the concept. This can be done easily by reading the books that are recommended in your course.
Finding it difficult initially? Consult your Physics books of lower standards. They have interesting illustrations and models that may help you to ease you in the way of understanding this subject.If you understand it, Physics will seem fun and interesting spontaneously.
- Find a good tutorial
As you may be aware of, almost every successful person has at least one efficient groomer somewhere back in their life. Learning Physics is not an exception. If you want to be good at any subject, you must have a proper teacher who can groom you and clear all your doubts and queries regarding studies.There are thousands of efficient Physics teachers ready to help students learn it.
You can even consult your class teacher regarding your troubles. Remember, it is the art of teaching that makes a subject interesting to a student.
Here are some useful methods that can be applied to learn Physics from a teacher:
- There will always be other students in your class who share the same feelings regarding Physics as yours. Bring them into your confidence and unanimously speak to the subject teacher in the class about your doubts.
- If you cannot find any other student to join you, feel no fear or shame to approach the teacher alone.
- Mostly, teachers appreciate individual approaches with unique queries regarding science subjects like this.
- You can get an individual care from your teacher in such case and usuallythis will solve most of your doubts.
- Demand graphs, examples, representations, physical significance, etc. from your teachers whenever you feel doubtful. Such elements are integral parts of physics. They make the subject interesting and thus help a lot in understanding critical concepts.
- Apart from these ways, the Net is a useful weapon to master any academic subject. The Internetis filled with study materials, notes, documents and lecture videos on Physics. You can consult them too.
- Moreover, online academic tutorial and classes are quite popular and effective nowadays. You can choose any one of them. Taking lessons from a distant teacher over a computer system through video calling hikes up the interest in this subjecta lot.
- Form a studygroup
Solutions to queries and doubts are not only found from teachers but you can also be expected from classmates and friends. If you want to study well, it will be wise to form a study group with those friends of yours.
- If you study in a group, then youâ€™ll find that a lot of queries are resolved by the others in that group.
- It can also be found that you can yourself solve the doubts of other members. Thus you will earn some confidence. The doubts too will be cleared before the matter has to be taken to the teachers, saving a lot of class time.
- Different members of your group will have different aspects of Physics as astrongholdof theirs. So, as a whole, the group may be a body expert on Physics.
- Also, if you study with your close friends and classmates, then studying will become a lot of fun. The hidden talents of teaching amongst you and your friends will be coming out. You will come across different views of your friends about Physics.
- Appreciate instead of getting confused
Like said before, Physics consists of several facts which arereally confusing.These facts often arise out of simple calculations and may even be mathematically quite inevitable, yet the results may seem to go against ourso-called â€˜common sense.’
- While studying chapters like Quantum Mechanics, Relativity, Statistical Mechanics, try to forget about all your predefined ideas about nature that you see around.
- There are certain areas of Physics which deals with the nature that is beyond our realm of perception. In such cases, it will be quite foolish to think that the laws and concepts of our world hold there too.
- You must know that Quantum Mechanics deals withthe Physics of extremely small regions like those of molecular, atomic, subatomic and nuclear level. Under these quantum mechanical considerations, no entity is a perfect particle or a perfect wave.
- These strange entities called quantum particles cannot be located uniquely in a point but we can speak only of the probability of finding them at a position.
- If you can digest this idea and appreciate it, youâ€™ll see the wonders hidden in Physics. If you are still struggling with this confusing part, do not worry yet, asa quote says, â€˜If Quantum Mechanics does not surprise you, then you havenot understood it yet!â€™
- Relativity is another confusing aspect of Physics. Here, the definitions of length and time must be revisedin your mind otherwise, it will all seem to go wrong according to your common senses.
- The concept of clock scales, space-time, etc. are bit complex looking initially, but you can cope up with them and soon begin understanding the Physics of high energy and speed.
- You may also be astonished to see here thatgravity is not a real force but a geometrical property of the space we live in. Remember, the best science fictions on Physics are based mostly on Relativity and its paradoxes.
After reading all these ways, I believe that Physics would feel a little bit more comfortable to you. You cannot expect that you will begin to love this subject overnight, but if you follow these steps properly then it will begin to get more and more interesting.
Physics is relatively an easier subject than the others. Getting a grip on Physics can be one of the top 6 key skills required to make sure the academic growth. Finally, a day will definitely come when you can use Physics as a subject to make progress towards your academic career.