Most kindergarten teachers allocate small sum of homework to their students. Parents can assist their children adjust to the habit of completing homework every day, and they may also explain concepts of kindergarten level to their kids. Concepts such as recognition of alphabets, introductory math ideas, printing and number recognition can be taught to children. When kids understand these concepts clearly, it becomes easier for them to solve kindergarten homework packets assigned to them from their schools.
Kindergarten homework has now become very common, and many children need help from their parents as they become familiar with homework or assignments. During the initial years of kindergarten, the activities ideally include teaching letter sounds, formation of letter, simple words, formation of number and basic concepts of maths. At the time of helping students with kindergarten homework packets, parents can implement certain ideas at school while guiding their children towards good learning habit.
However, with changing time and knowing that parents have busy schedule these days, it has become difficult for parents to provide help to their kids always. In such a circumstance, parents can avail the help of online tutors who may help kids complete their kindergarten homework packets.
As a teacher, I have seen its service on a personal note.
Here are some of the tips that parents may follow while helping kids with homework:
Writing and Letter Recognition:
The tips given below may be useful for parents who are helping their kids with assignments or homework involving recognition of letters, printing letters, and other small words.
- In the case of printing assignments, students should be encouraged to trace the shape of the given letter using his finger, followed by tracing the letter lightly with the help of a pencil. Gradually, the child will be able to write independently using his hands. This shall offer proper guidance to students.
- In the case of recognition assignments, parents can ask their child to identify the letter correctly or name the sound that the letter makes. This shall help the child with understanding the phonetics of the alphabets.
- Parents should help their kids to think out loud especially at the time of forming words and letters.
The above-mentioned tips are to be used by parents in the initial stages of their kids learning. If the steps are followedcorrectly, then students will be able to complete their kindergarten homework packets.
Introductory math and number recognition:
- With the help of the given strategies,kids who are givenmath-oriented homework will be able to solve them easily:
- Kids should be provided help in identification of the numbers and trace them and write them with the help of proper formation and in correct
- For math assignments that belong to the introductory level having basic addition, subtraction problems can be explained to them with the help of visuals.
- For assignments that are more focused towards sequence and patterns, kids should be encouraged to draw the pattern out loudly.
These tips help students to clear their basic level understanding of words, letters, and alphabets. If kids are able to understand and recognize words and letters properly, then it shall become easier for them to complete their kindergarten homework packets even without the help of their parents.
On the contrary, sometimes, parents do not have sufficient time on hand to help their kids in such a situation parents often struggle, and they are not able to find an external help for their kids. With such positives helping little kids, them having the issue of why do teachers give homework is completely negated.
However, gone are the days wherein parents had to worry about appointing tutors for their kids? In the present era of globalization, parents prefer appointing online experts who help their kids for understanding and recognizing letters and alphabets. So, if you are wondering what the benefits are for it, and then here are the list of benefits that force parents to take up online tutoring for their kids:
- Saves time and energy, as tutors are available at the convenience of their kids and parents, unlike home tutoring. In online tutoring or assignment help, kids and parents have to adjust their time depending on the timing given by the tutors, however, in online tutoring time and day is fixed by the parents.
- Kids stay under the guidance of their parents as well an expert. Parents need not worry about the source that helps their kids with their assignments as people who help them have sufficient amount of knowledge in their field. They ensure that students have understood every concept stated in their packet.
- Additionally, kids enjoy visual learning which home tutoring fails to provide. Home tutoring often becomes very boring for kids as it keeps revolving around textbooks. Kids get bored of it on a daily basis. So, a correct alternative to this problem is visual learning with the help of graphics. This shall increase the kid’s interest towards learning new things.
So, parents need not worry about their kindergarten homework packets as there is abundant help available to them in the form of online tutors or assistance.