I guess homework or assignment is the world’s most hated word. Few students find it enjoyable only when they are able to complete it within time. Rest, well they do it because they have to.
With advancement in time, the way of studying and subjects are also evolving. Parents in the present times have noticed how the syllabus and subject contents have changed compared to the golden olden days.
I have found that many parents are complaining about homework nowadays. Earlier it was easier, and children were able to finish their assignments or homework within thirty minutes to an hour. But now, even two hours feel inadequate to complete the homework.
The main questions that should be asked here are:
- Why it takes so much time to complete homework?
- Are working those endless hours helping the kids to score high?
- Are the capabilities or calibres of the students improving by completing those assignments?
- How can all these be modified so that it helps the kids?
Now, when we grow up we are so busy living and occupied with our bills and rents, we actually forget the central importance of homework. To us, it feels it a burden for the kids. But believe me, they are not.
Why is homework not a burden?
- The level of maturity of a kid and an adult should not be confused. What seems easy to us is actually hard for them.
- Practice makes things easier. Investing some amount of time daily to the studies do make a huge difference during the exams.
- Homework acts as a bridge between what is taught in class and the way to study or revise it at home.
- Homework is the best way to understand the interests of the students. It helps the teachers to identify the pattern of studying of each student.
How homework helps our kids?
Mostly it is seen that students return from school and engage themselves in the things they love to do. Some students are athletes, some likes to draw, some may just be lazy, etc. In the present times it seems that almost every student wants to surf the internet. So, when do the responsibilities to study get a chance? Homework is a responsibility; likewise, we adults have.
- The word homework rings in their mind like a siren, until they complete it.
- They learn that they have to complete it no matter what.
- They try to sort out the time for it; they learn to organize their responsibilities and leisure.
- They learn to prioritize, and they learn to be responsible if they are unable to complete it.
Well, we all know that finally they will grow up some day and take care of their things on their own. So, why not they start taking care of their homework from a small age? You can also read post like “The type of music that helps you concentrates on your homework”
Why homework takes such a long time?
- The pattern of teaching and studying are changing with every new session. It is getting tougher with each fore coming day.
- The styles of homework are changing. It requires adaptability.
- Well, adapting to a new genre is not easy. So, it takes time. But the chief causes are:
- Students are not preparing themselves before starting with the homework.
- Students may find it hard to follow the class lectures and understand them.
- They may ignore to take class notes.
- Or simply they may not find the subject interesting.
But, there are solutions to these problems. These solutions can be put in action if the parents help their kids.
- First things to teach your kids; Homework is necessary, and they have to complete it.
- Help your children to divide their time for studies, pass-time, and hobbies.
- Teach them how to prioritize their homework. They should start with the hard ones, and enjoy completing the easy one at the end.
Now, these are the standard solutions. But yes, there are tricks to make it easier for your kids too.
Make it their habit of spending few minutes with each subject every day. Mathematics is the most feared subject. So, if a student spends at least ten minutes for mathematics every day, the kid would not find it hard when it comes to assignments or exams.
Identify their way of learning. Some students learn while doing the homework. Some study it before and just complete the task. The former ones take a lot of time to complete their homework. The later takes few. So, know how your kids like to learn.
Prepare them for the upcoming classes. The class lectures will help them solve their queries and will be like a through revision, that they often miss at home. It may seem hectic at first, but with time the student will find it easier to complete the homework.
- Students should take down the class notes. Teachers teach the students few tricks methods to cope with difficult subjects.
- Students should treat themselves with small breaks while studying. And treat themselves with their favourite pass time after completing. This actually motivates them to complete their daily studies.
- A taste of good score. Once a student enjoys the essence of high scores and how he or she is able to tackle both the studies and hobbies, they will know how and what to do keep it up.
So, here are some important points to consider about homework.
Homework is not a burden; parents should not feel it that way and also make the discouraged students understand the fact. Homework is easy and fast if you know how to cope with the hurdles.
- Clean your desk.
- Turn off all the gadgets that distract you easily.
- If your kid learns while completing the assignment, do not push him to finish fast. This is the best and most efficient way to study.
- Kids should be allowed to enjoy their pass times and hobby but should understand the day to day importance and sort out time for the needed.
- Daily revisions help kids to complete the assignments comparatively fast.
Parents may also seek help from online homework help websites. They can be easily employed and reliable. Students availing their help have really improved and score good grades.
So, if mothers are stressed out there worrying about the length of homework and time-consuming homework, you also have to help your kid a bit at first to teach him how to manage. With a bit push, they will learn to handle the situations easy and fast, and homework will not seem to consume time anymore.
Working parents may find it hard to find time. They may feel free to contact online assignment help services available easily and reliable. They provide with experienced tutors and ways to deal with the subjects.