Moving from school to college is a very significant transformation that takes places in student’s life. You are very excited about this new phase of life and tend to get driven with it. Just like higher education, college is also a crucial stage in a student’s career development. So just like in school it is very important for them to perform well in college as well. Most of the students tend to think that college life means their freedom to enjoy their life has increased. Yes, it is true once you enter into a college your parent’s involvement in your day to day activities gets reduced, but on the other hand, they want you to be more responsible and offer you to take correct decisions in life.
Going to college, attending regular lectures, doing daily homework and being attentive in each and every activity is as important as it was in your school days. But according to my experience, there are a few differences between school days and college days. I will discuss some of them below:
- Firstly, it is very important for a college student to spend time in thelibrary or doing research.
- Online assignments are very common in today’s college so that students get well acquainted with computers as well.
- In many of the academic courses students are required to write papers or assignments on several topics every week in order to gain more knowledge about their subjects.
- Reading from primary sources and writing is expected in most of the subjects like chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- Students are get trained on their analytical and critical understanding in order to develop their knowledge.
- Professors in college will not feed you for each and everything. They expect their students to cope up if they are facing any problem. So in college, students are responsible for their own good or bad results.
- Lastly and the most important aspect of college is that students get the opportunity to choose the course or subject they want to pursue. So it is very important for a student to do extensive research and study and get proper information about a course before taking admission in any field.
These are some of the important ground on which a school differs from college. From the abovereading, it is clear that in university, students are expected to be more responsible and serious in what they are doing. This means along with just enjoying their life;students require to become updated about the course they opt for. This requires them to do anextensive study of their subject as well as practicing regular homework and assignments.
Important tips to be followed
Here are some of the tips on how to cope up with all your college assignments and homework:
- Collegesyllabus isvery huge and vast, so one needs to set their goals for each class in order to be on track with the class
Setting clear goals means to determine which are the papers that interest you the most or the papers which require active participation. Once you are clear with this, you can easily be a perfectionist in your subject or course.
- You need to be clear about which papers require more effort and accordingly you can back off from classes that are of less priority. This will help you put more time in subjects that are more important for your goal.
Devote much of your time accordingly which require detailed learning. This will help you cope up with important parts of your course to do your homework.
- One of the most importanttips for completing your assignments in time along with your daily schedule is to start your day early.
Getting up early every morning will not only keep you energeticbut allow you to set your work for the whole day as well. It will make you more productive and attentive in your work.
- Read and learn the task fromvery first day it is done in class. This will help you to be more accurate with all your assignments.
Relearning something which has been done in class few days ago makes it challenging and time-consuming. It is better that you finish your task daily and the day it is done without delaying.
- Lastly, you should take out time for fun and enjoyment. Just like studying, enjoyment and extracurricular activities are also necessary. Being competitive in your career is good but taking some time for refreshment is also necessary.
Make yourself engage in some activity that will make you active and help you get rid of you daily stress. Giving some rest to your brain is also important. Gradually, you will see that this is helping you to be more active in your academic work as well.
These are few tips and guidance for children who are moving from their school life to college life so that they can cope up with their new phase as smoothly as they did in their school time. Students should be well attended to the class to prevent forgetting their daily assignments.