We live in an age of science. Our civilization owes everything to science since time immemorial. It has penetrated into every heart and home. Science is classified into different segments on the basis complexities viz. biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, economics, etc. Mathematics is the language of all these sciences. It is required to explain from advanced science to daily budgets. This proves how indispensable mathematics is in human life.
There is no hard and fast rule for achieving success in any subject including mathematics.One can succeed in math if they can learn it from heart and in a way that makes sense. You need to follow some basic principles that work very well almost in all cases.
Here are 8 ways that may help.
- Attend classes regularly
Make sure that you attend all classes of mathematics.Â If any lecture is missed, you will miss all the discussions and arguments, the teacherâ€™s explanations, their advice which will make you fall behind.So don’t miss the regular class unless and until absolutely necessary in case of any emergency.
- Try to understand the class properly
Mathematics is not so easy subject.Learn it by paying attention in class, actively studying and working through problems.
- One needs to understand the study materials and their instructorâ€™s explanations by clearingall doubts and queries from their teacher on spot.
- Donâ€™t be ashamed to ask any question about the lesson.
- Take the teacherâ€™s note in an organized way that will jog your memory later on,so that nomistakeis made in future.Always be attentive in class.
- Do the homework in time
Try to dohomework in time.Donot keep postponing it for the future. Generally, homework is assigned immediatelyafter finishing a particular lesson, so every detail about the lesson are still fresh in your mind and that helps to do the home assignment properly.Or else it is not possible for you to cram up the homework of two to three weeks in a few days. It will create an extra pressure for thebrainand health.
- Follow the books and notes by our heart
Always follow textbooks and class notes by heart before starting your home assignments.
- Textbooks contain many examples of mathematical problems and their solutions, these are really helpful.
- The teachers note will remind you all the details that were learnt in the class andthis helps in doing your assignments.
- More over the modern books of mathematics are enriched with some extra study materials or problems including a solution or explanation guide whichmay help to work out mathematical assignment on your own.
These are the qualities which make our books and class notes altogether an indispensable part for our valuable learning.
- Practice often
It is not possible that one can learn everything only in their classes. You can learn maximum when you are practicing at home. There is no rule of thumb about the duration of practice. It varies with standard, chapters and intelligence of the student. So you need to practice accordingly as your requirements are.
- Mathematics is a cumulative subject. Always maintain a link with the previous lessons by revising them amidst new lessons.
- Practice is the only way that can help to assimilate the concepts and techniques and thus increase your application abilities.
- If you do not practice at all you will soon forget all the concepts and ideas that were taught in class.
- Practice churns your long term memories again and again and not only you will remain linked to the subject, but will also remember every detail about it as if it was just yesterday.
Remember, â€˜Practice makes a man perfect!â€™So keep on practicing as much as possible. This will help you to complete your homework and assignments faster and properly.
- Take helps from others
It is evident that a student cannot do everything on their own even if they are very intelligent. When you feel confused about your lessons or get hung up with doubts, do not hesitate to ask for the help of others around.
- If possible involve your guardians in your studies, discuss your problems and doubts and try to sort them out.
- Try to form a serious study-group for mathematics. Discuss extensively about homework and assignments with the group. Most of the time such group studies can improve your knowledge and clear a lot of doubts.
- Apart from that, you can also takehelp from the Net. There are many online sites and media where you can get solutions to problems.
- Usually educational institutes have their free tutorials. You can enroll in them too, for extra care and your improvement.
- Be systematic
Systematic pupils can learn faster and better than others.First, try to think in a systematic way. Maintain neat and tidy notebooks. Rough calculations are most important.So try to do them fairly. You should also get into the habit of writing downknown facts like definitions, theorems and equations in a notebook for ready reference. You must keep your old books and notes safely as old lessons are often lined to new ones.
- Learn from your failures
Wrong calculations and mistakes happen more than often in subjects like mathematics. Of course, you must be careful about that, but when you make a mistake do not be let down too much. Try to analyze your faults and keep them in your mind so that you do not make such mistakes in future. Thus, you can also learn a lesson from your failures too. Always remember, â€˜Failure is the pillar of success!â€™
In a nutshell, you can say that the most useful ways of succeeding in mathematics homework are nothing but learning concepts and proper systematic practice. If you follow these ways then you can easily complete your home assignments of mathematics. Not only this, you know as mathematics is the language of all science so efficiency in this subject will help you to learn other science subjects as well. Mostly, it opens up the easiest ways to complete computer science assignments faster than ever and also plays a vital role in understanding theoretical parts of Physics, Statistics, economics, etc.